PDA

View Full Version : has anyone moves the frame/rail holes in a body before?

pump
12-29-2008, 09:12 PM
im trying to move the body forward so the feedneck clears the gripframe, but i need to redrill holes, has anyone repositioned them before?

Smoothice
12-29-2008, 09:27 PM
You are moving both the body and rail forward correct?

This whole idea makes my brain hurt.

I assume you are trying to feed balls from underneath?

If you just move the body forward then you will also be moving the valve forward. Which means you would have to move the sear forward on the rail. Which means you would have to redesign a gripframe.

At least that is what I am picturing in my head.

zondo
12-29-2008, 09:35 PM
im trying to move the body forward so the feedneck clears the gripframe, but i need to redrill holes, has anyone repositioned them before?

Haven't seen one with the feedneck forward of the frame, but I have seen the other way.

http://www.rainman229.com/images/web/Mags/p90mag7.JPG

EDIT: Included the picture

DanMan
12-29-2008, 10:02 PM
if you did a pneumag this might be possible

KevinLG
12-29-2008, 10:26 PM
an electronic mag would work fine too

pump
12-29-2008, 10:57 PM
yep underfeeding, yeah im thinking of just making or using a new frame.....but im trying to be careful of not interfering with the sear with the frame.....thats my only worry

i think a new rail would be easiest then from there i can go forward.

Ninjeff
12-30-2008, 12:08 AM
makes me wonder if someone could design a bullpup style frame combo.....

pump
12-30-2008, 01:32 AM
i wonder if the FN303 body did something likehow i want to do

Smoothice
12-30-2008, 02:00 AM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x57/smoothice15/forum%20pics/underfeed.jpg

Just need to find a few shorter screws to hold the body and valve to the rail.

Tap a few holes in the rail to hold the frame to the rail.

And rework the trigger frame to operate the sear.

***This is a photoshop I just did. This has not been done to my knowledge****

Looks pretty good in my opinion.

The only downside of what I just drew would be you lose the ability to field strip. It would probably require removing the trigger frame to take the valve off. But who field strips anyways? :rofl:

pump
12-30-2008, 02:45 AM
hahahaha i just did that, i got an old rail that has the rail ASA holes, i was gonna use that for the back of the frame, there is also a small slight space i can put a hole for the front of the frame

and i would be using short screws to hole the valve to the rail

the only problem is trying to find a way to hold the body to the rail now, since it would be underfeeding

i might have to make a new body and drill a new hole forward of where the feedneck would be

Smoothice
12-30-2008, 11:00 AM
well I don't have the machinery to make new anything. So I like to use what I have. With that...

A quick and dirty solution would be a hose clamp around the end of the rail and body.

A slightly more asthetically pleasing idea would be to tap a hole on the front face of the rail. Then make a small sleave to go over the front of the body with a tab to attach to the rail.

MANN
12-30-2008, 11:05 AM
how about this. Just turn the marker upside down. use a std agd rail and put a small box on the top to hold a mpa3 to actuate the sear. Then move the trigger whereever you want. it feeds from the bottom, and would be easy to do.

Big'n slo
12-30-2008, 12:28 PM
how about this. Just turn the marker upside down. use a std agd rail and put a small box on the top to hold a mpa3 to actuate the sear. Then move the trigger whereever you want. it feeds from the bottom, and would be easy to do.

It is

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=178205

pump
12-30-2008, 05:01 PM
nice, but i think i wanna not do that, but the HOSE CLAMP!!!! i might FTW!!! :clap: :bounce: :dance: :headbang:

Smoothice
12-30-2008, 06:42 PM
nice, but i think i wanna not do that, but the HOSE CLAMP!!!! i might FTW!!! :clap: :bounce: :dance: :headbang:

well don't forget to post some pics when you are done. ;)

pump
12-30-2008, 07:36 PM
yeah i might have to find a way to hold the barrel into the twist lock body since the retaining pin will have to go

also mill new holes for the sear so the feedneck points down

i wish i could just find a aluminum tube where i could put in the stainless ring for the bolt and thread for cocker barrels, and just drill a hole for the underfeeding

pump
01-02-2009, 04:04 AM
guys check this out
http://www.vintagerex.com/pics/gunpics/Perentie%20Paintball/The%20Badger/gallery/badger_cutaway_sm.gif

Vintage Rex FTW
http://www.vintagerex.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=viewmarker&marker=The%20Badger&man=Perentie%20Paintball

Smoothice
01-02-2009, 11:29 AM
nice. I was wondering how that would line up to just use the sear leg as the trigger. And here I thought I was being innovative with my thoughts :tard:

Already been done 12 years ago it seems :rofl:

pump
01-02-2009, 05:49 PM
i tried and since its short it doesnt feel too good, but i think ill try with a double trigger shoe on there. but i think the idea that its not directly linked is a reason why its lighter than it being attached