PDA

View Full Version : ..specs for the steel air line...

malJohann
01-02-2009, 08:14 AM
What are the specs for the steel air line found on the RT Classic? I need Internal Diameter, Outer Diameter, Max Operating Pressure and the type of steel used.

MANN
01-02-2009, 11:35 AM
are you looking to buy steel hardline?

malJohann
01-05-2009, 02:27 AM
are you looking to buy steel hardline?

I'm far along in designing my own marker, unique mechanism, capabilities and all. At the moment I need to know the above information since the air lines will be integrated and it's a high pressure marker.

Refer to this thread for further details: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2573582#post2573582

MANN
01-06-2009, 01:54 PM
that is way too long for me to read during lunch.

anyways I have 1/4" ss hardline. it is rated to 10800 psi. I have 1/4" alum that is rated to 3000psi.

both of these numbers I am tring to remember from their spec sheets. I might be off.
1/4" OD
ID varies.
I use 316ss & I forget what kind of alum maybe 6-7000 series. it is expensive.

wall thickness can vary depending on the pressure you want it to have. I run Scuba tanks off of it also, and an RT classic cannot out shoot/starve the line.

malJohann
01-07-2009, 04:12 AM
that is way too long for me to read during lunch.

anyways I have 1/4" ss hardline. it is rated to 10800 psi. I have 1/4" alum that is rated to 3000psi.

both of these numbers I am tring to remember from their spec sheets. I might be off.
1/4" OD
ID varies.
I use 316ss & I forget what kind of alum maybe 6-7000 series. it is expensive.

wall thickness can vary depending on the pressure you want it to have. I run Scuba tanks off of it also, and an RT classic cannot out shoot/starve the line.

Thanks, that SS hardline has a freaky high PSi rating! Looks like I'll have to talk to an engineering firm about my requirements. I'm looking at a SS hardline with about 0.185" OD and 0.079" ID. I also want to be able to sustain very high rates of fire, so the spec is open (and probably going) to change.

A little off topic, but I have newfound respect for o-rings after reading up about the kinds of pressures they can seal against if seated correctly.