PDA

View Full Version : Detent tech questions

Adam45
01-05-2009, 02:08 AM
Hi

I recently bought a PTP Micromag clone. It has no detents or even holes for them.

I also own a Tac-one (and other AGD markers) and would like to use the same detents for both markers.

My questions is what thread is the detent? I know its Angel threaded. What I need to know is what is the diameter and pitch of the thread. Then I will mill the PTP clone for the same detent.

I also wonder if all Angel detents are the same thread because looking at pictures on the internet lead me to believe they are not. I think the ULE body which is also angel detent has a different thread but I may be wrong.

If anyone knows I would appreciate a response.

Thanks

athomas
01-06-2009, 03:02 PM
The Tac-one and the ULE bodies both use the same Angel threaded dents. I think all the Angel detents are the same. The pictures you saw could easily be detents for another brand of marker and not actually Angel detents, even if they said Angel detents.

01-06-2009, 04:50 PM
They are metric
M10x1.00
you could just use cocker detents
they are 3/8-24 which is probably an easier tap to get ahold of

Adam45
01-06-2009, 08:03 PM
They are metric
M10x1.00
you could just use cocker detents
they are 3/8-24 which is probably an easier tap to get ahold of

Thanks.

Actually in Canada the standard is metric so i'll have no problem with getting taps.

Cheers

Adam45
01-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks.

Actually in Canada the standard is metric so i'll have no problem with getting taps.

Cheers
Yes the threads are metric 10m x 1.0

Thanks for the help.