PDA

View Full Version : What Tank To Get

tower_kid
01-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Hey guys I am a newb and just got a classic mag. I run a remote feed with a 20oz CO2 tank and was looking to upgrade to a HPA tank. Heres the problem I don't know what to look for so help would be great. I only need to get about 600 shots out of her maybe a little less since i don't play to often and money is an issue.

So what size?
Does it need to be set for high pressure and how do I make sure it is?
What kind of regulator does it need?
Anything I didn't think of?

Thanks for the help, Tower_kid

dark blade
01-08-2009, 04:37 PM
i can help you out... there are 2 types of pressures for tanks... high pressure and low pressure. you will need high pressure, almost every tank in stores is High pressure so if buying in stores theres no worry.

if you want 600 or so shots you will need either a 4500psi tank, or a 72cubic inch 3000psi tank also known as a 72/3000

if you buy one online it will cost roughly $70 and you can get a good 68/45 online for that price if you look around. A 68/45 will get you well over 600 shots and will be lighter than the 72/3000

As far as what type of regulator, you do not need anything fancy, you just need something that screws into your remote line. Anything and everything should fit as long as you do not get an adjustable input tank. those do not have threads and cannot be used.

hope this helps and good luck in your finds!