PDA

View Full Version : Help build the ultimate mag.

belligerentruth
01-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Hi all,

Those who know me know I love the project aspect of paintball and after the Thor's Hammer 'Ice' Viking and the Egyptian Euromag I'm ready to build a mech mag (or a pneumag).

First - I've heard pneumags were finicky and required near-constant tinkering. My main priority is having a beautiful workhorse that will work forever, with ideally 1 tune a season.

Next - List what parts you consider to be the rarest/highest quality for a mag (or pneumag) - Rail, Frame, Trigger, Body, etc... everything.

Please don't list things that are going to be next to impossible to find for any cost (unless you know someone selling). Beyond that list whatever you consider best - price is irrelevant.

Thanks so much for the great advice. This is a great community.

MANN
01-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Frame - RPG triton or Logic UMF
Rail - RPG shadow/wave or Logic alpha or DW karta
body - RPG piranha/exile or DW karta/chord
barrel - Titanium Paintball longbow
feedneck -RPG or CCM Low pro
ASA - CP rail mount
Valve -X
Asa- rpg 15* w/ CP mini gas thru or DW carbon fiber

:cheers:

ElPanda
01-09-2009, 11:59 PM
body - RPG pariah/exile or DW karta/chord

;)

eXo_oUtSiDeR
01-10-2009, 03:53 AM
how i would set it up:
(pneumag)
frame: airwalk v1
body: pariah
rail:dallara
trigger: viper blade pro
valve: x
reg/foregrip: palmer's fatty reg on a 15* asa
http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp293/mangokillah92/pneu2.jpg

or

(straight mech)
frame: chimera
body: phoenix
rail: phoenix
trigger: tunablade(not pictured)
valve: x
foregrip: empty emag battery pack
http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp293/mangokillah92/phoenix.jpg

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
01-10-2009, 12:09 PM
this is my ultimate mag

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/BREAD_DA_PAINTER/Markers/DSC01120.jpg

V2- Airwalk with all EP internals
DW Karta body and rail
shtty barrel--lol--

here is the internals-- thats a mini morlock board in her..

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/BREAD_DA_PAINTER/Markers/DSC01011.jpg

pito189
01-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi all,

Those who know me know I love the project aspect of paintball and after the Thor's Hammer 'Ice' Viking and the Egyptian Euromag.

Links? I searched but couldn't find anything.

I've also been thinking about this. My would be along the lines of the smallest/lightest mag possible.

belligerentruth
01-10-2009, 04:06 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=233958 <-- Pharoah

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231554 <-- Thor's Hammer

(Thor's hammer had blue acrylic Dark Souls on her as well as a DC bolt pin when she was finished.)

pito189
01-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Man that is a good looking Vike, did you ever end up selling it?

chafnerjr
01-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Boy, I don't know about you but I had my Pneu install done by cyberave68 and that made all the difference. I've played on plenty of pneumags and none of them ran like this one. The angle at which everything gets installed is absolutely critical!!! Too many pneu installs are done at 90° angles (trigger pin, 3way lever, and ram. This is sometimes OK if your going for RT effect, but for a crisp, clean, and short pull it's just NOT the way to go. The magnet mod is critical as well. I played on this all season without grip panels and it was great. Now to be fair the crappy tickler I threw in it froze at the setting I liked. I've got the good one set aside until after tax time pays for the anno on everything. Here's a pic of it before I added the QEV

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Cyberave68/Pneumag%20builds/DSC01921.jpg

Here's my setup
Pewter XValve w/lvl10 and ULT
Airwalk v2 pneumatically triggered
RPG Priah
RPG Viper Blade Pro
Cyberave Rail
CP Direct Mount on/off
CP Gas Thru foregrip
DW 14" Fibur
Crossfire 72/45 Peanut

Now I would not recommend the ViperBlade Pro for this frame. Either a Splinter or a normal Viper Blade would work better. There are a few posts here with penu ro epneu airwalks with the VBP and I was expecting you all to say the same. The bottom of the VBP sticks out where the trigger guard from the AirWalk comes in at the bottom. If you like to rip on the trigger (two finger walk), this gives you very very little room for finger movement at the bottom of the trigger. You have to squish your fingers to the top of the trigger to get a good rip.

The Added QEV makes a difference. Enough to make me fight to get it in there. Right now it's hanging out a little as I wait for anno before I mount the little guy. My favorite part about the AirWalk is that you can run sleeper Pneu and still get a bit of height as opposed to some of the frames that are around as tall as the intelliframe. It makes everything line right up for me. Especially playing on an old Crossfire 72/45 peanut

The Dallara body and rail are super sexy, but I went with a cyberave rail and RPG priah body for weight (and $$$) savings. Also the DW Fibur barrel is my personal favorite... but obviously you can't anno... so I like the Dye UL's.

In any event I can't wait to see what you come up with. I just wish I could come up with a good idea for my anno... I was going to polish and seal, but now I'm thinking a theme would be neat... it's just that there's this thing I have about creativity... like, having none :confused:

pito189
01-10-2009, 08:12 PM
chafnerjr that is the kind of tiny mag that I want. So that trigger set up is nice and crisp thats also what I want.

chafnerjr
01-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Yep, I like em' short. Part of the reason that I play with an old crossfire 72/45 peanut. Playing with a 14" barrel let's me swing around corners and only exposing a minimal target. This took some time to put together but it wasn't that bad. 6 Months and I had everything together either bought new (CP ASA and grip and fittings) or picked up here on the forums. The pewter XValve cost about $300 or about $100 more than a nice condition used black XValve with ULT. I got pretty lucky on the AirWalk from Jay @ Cerberus for $160. I managed to get on the list for his run of v2's just as I started looking to put it together.

The other pieces should be easy to find. I'm a little different so I found that cyberave rail for around $100 instead of the logic alpha that I was thinking about. A lot of people like the dallara rail or RGP mini shadow. The mini shadow I see much less often. You can always take something and have it milled to MM length if you want to be really fancy about it. For a trigger the Viper Blade Pro (My favorite) isn't in production but they can be had $50 or $60ish last i checked. The splinter from RGP is only like $43 new or something like that. Then you've got the AGD blade and some others. These are purely personal choice.

For the body you have a few choices in the MM size. There's the IT, Dallara and RGP Priah as the more common on the forum here. There are other classic bodies as well as milled RT length bodies such as the mini tac-ones that have been showing up.

That's what I can think of for MM length parts off the top of my head. As for the super happy trigger crispiness? Just make sure that you have enough room in the frame for what you need. I went sleeper meaning that I had the LPR hidden in the frame. Often people use the IntelliFrame and need to mount the LPR somewhere else. If you go sleeper then you need a small LPR like a tickler. If you mount it either in front of the foregrip on the side of the ASA or in a battery pack you can use a better LPR like a micro-rock or some crazy palmers something or other. I find that the tickler works just fine. The real key is to just send the thing to cyberave68 and let him install everything. Many love to do it themselves but you just will never get anything this good without a lot of practice. I won't kid you when I say that everything in my frame was a little over $400 with installs. Sometimes you just have to pay for quality.

What kind of parts are you looking at? Do you have anything your set on and just trying to decide on the others?

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
01-12-2009, 12:39 AM
here was my first pnue-mag.. i hated selling this one...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/BREAD_DA_PAINTER/Markers/DCP01956.jpg

Also had this one at one time.. This was compact also
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/BREAD_DA_PAINTER/Markers/101_1359.jpg

Then morphed to this
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/BREAD_DA_PAINTER/Markers/100_1527.jpg

chafnerjr
01-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Nice gun's man. Question though. Why are all of your trigger rods horizontal? Looks like they have a lot of trigger pull. HOTT HOTT HOTT though!

zondo
01-25-2009, 12:12 PM
No offense to those awesome markers above, but don't you want to create something new?

Body: XT's Shockwave unibody

Foregrip: Mongoose's EP grip
(although keep an eye out because he is also coming out with a matching rail at some point)

Frame: well, I haven't seen a new one in a while so I'd go for the Airwalk V2.

Trigger: RPG's Viper Pro

SAMURAI "PREDATOR"
01-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Ill have to agree with ZONDO on this one, though those are some GREAT and UNQUIE looking mags something different is whats gonna catch the eye. And some of the new parts coming is whast gonna do it.

Or maybe some new style or custom milling on some of the rare RAILS, BODYS, FRAMES.

chafnerjr
01-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Zondo: Good point on the body. There's also the new PTP Micromag body coming out, and there are some new rails from various people... they are just all RT length, which makes me jealous.

Bread.. That polished mag is very sexy. That's was one of two guns that made me find that same cyberave rail... One way or the other, that EP karta/airwalk mag is just too damned sexy to ignore. I wouldn't worry about missing your polished mag too much as long as you've got that other beauty under your belt.

afortuna
01-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Zondo: Good point on the body. There's also the new PTP Micromag body coming out, and there are some new rails from various people... they are just all RT length, which makes me jealous.

Bread.. That polished mag is very sexy. That's was one of two guns that made me find that same cyberave rail... One way or the other, that EP karta/airwalk mag is just too damned sexy to ignore. I wouldn't worry about missing your polished mag too much as long as you've got that other beauty under your belt.

I highly regret selling off the rail that Cyber did. I'd love to have another, but he's not doing them. :(

chafnerjr
01-26-2009, 09:22 AM
I highly regret selling off the rail that Cyber did. I'd love to have another, but he's not doing them. :(

Currently I am having a debate on whether or not to keep mine... I love it, but I am not sure it's going to go with my new theme... I'll let you know if I ever decide to part with mine.

vivalamexico
02-09-2009, 03:13 PM
My ultimate mag has been sitting in a closet since lack of funds put it on hold almost a year ago, but it has a rt classic body cut down to accept standard sized valves, a custom freak tip cut from a lapco z-barrel, a UMF logic frame milled for pneu parts. and a special SMC actuator with clevis attachment to connect directly to the sear. The only pic I have is it really under construction check this thread http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2211594#post2211594

L3MUR
02-09-2009, 11:37 PM
wow. gorgeous mags here. good luck with the build