PDA

View Full Version : whats so great about excals and vikings?

dark blade
01-10-2009, 05:33 PM
please forgive me, i know not what i do (bows head in shame)

I do not know why everyone basically does this -> :hail: to them ... i just wanna know more about them

What is so amazing about them that makes them worth $1000 like high end mags.

Please enlighten me

going_home
01-10-2009, 06:13 PM
please forgive me, i know not what i do (bows head in shame)

I do not know why everyone basically does this -> :hail: to them ... i just wanna know more about them

What is so amazing about them that makes them worth $1000 like high end mags.

Please enlighten me

1200 to 1500 shots from a 45/4500, and they are basically as trouble free as a mag.

Excal two solenoids.
Vikings one solenoid.

Vikings a hair faster than an Excal.
Vikings a hair lighter than an Excal.

The Excals I have had were louder than the Vikings.

Personally I'll take a Viking any day over an Excal but you will find AKA enthusiasts all have their personal favorites and are fairly adamant about which is best.
Not as bad as cocker versus mag but close.

Check out the thread on pot belly nation.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2941381

The AKA Owners Group has a lot of info too.

http://www.akaog.org/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=2e0a3b92698a027458b414dd4239e3 9d;www;action=forum

;)

georgeyew
01-10-2009, 06:21 PM
There is a thread about this a little further down the list.

Warwitch
01-10-2009, 06:46 PM
There is a thread about this a little further down the list.

And then another one a little further down the than that, etc...... ;)

dark blade
01-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Wow... I definitely should have used the search button. But I thought it was such an obsure question that no one would have ever asked it.

Guess I was wrong. And they sounds great, but I don't think aka's are my kind of thing. I like mechanical wonders :) not electric blunders teehee.

I think I might possibly get a viking just to say ill have one... but other than that idk... they sound good I guess. I think after reading all about the viking and excal, I would much rather stay loyal to agd though. The mag is just so entrancing. I can't draw myself away from them even for another trusty highend like an aka.

bjyourk
01-10-2009, 09:37 PM
I am quite the "virgin" myself when it comes to them, but apparently, they are of the "set it and forget it" ilk. If you get one and it works ok, LEAVE IT ALONE! I progressed from an RT to pneumag to EMAG and thought I was in heaven with the Emag. I recently got an Excal though, and it is REALLY a joy to shoot. As they say...SMMMMOOOOTHH.

You'll find AGD fans cross with AKA fans and Macdev fans...all because of quality.(the resale doesn't hurt either) :headbang:

Buy one and try it. You are almost assured NOT to lose money. And with the market, you may come out ahead! :cheers:

RogueFactor
01-10-2009, 11:32 PM
I agree with bjyourk on this one, the Excal is a dream to shoot.

When someone says an Excal is slower than a Viking, they are referring to the functional maximums. I shoot semi even with electros, so I couldnt push either of them to their functional maximum. Which means they are both equally fast for my purposes. They both shoot as fast as I can pull the trigger. But the action on the Excal was smoother than the Viking, and this allowed me to shoot faster on the Excal. It fit my ergonomics and shooting style. I usually dont shoot more than 2 pods per game(because I normally shoot a mech mag), but I blew through 5 pods using the Excal, and ran out of paint.

The Excal I purchased was a FeatherLight. It may be slightly heavier than its Viking counterpart, but I found the weight difference negligible enough not to notice. I shot both the Viking and the Excal the same day(thanks A-Tach!), and I did not notice any difference in sound signature.

What Ive found is that the Viking and Excal shoot so differently that the minimal weight difference is not the deciding factor. Strangely, I was told the Viking shoots like a mag. It didnt for me. Not that the Excal did, but because the Excal shot smoother it was my marker of choice.

russc
01-10-2009, 11:51 PM
So what makes them so much better than old Angels?

going_home
01-11-2009, 12:02 AM
So what makes them so much better than old Angels?

Angels are finicky as all get out. Vikings arent.
Let a low pressure front come thru and your Angel turns into a blender.
Who in the world wants a marker that the weather will affect its performance ?

:ninja:

seekandestroy78
01-11-2009, 10:27 AM
old angels:
maintainence is higher than most. resale and efficency is in the crapper.

aka guns:
high quality, after you break it in you dont need eyes because the lpr is set in the 60's (eyes are available without major mods like an l.c.d. or ir3.) again, air efficiency. back in 04 a friend of mine got almost a case out of his 68/45 regularly.