PDA

View Full Version : Air Efficiency

ironchef97
01-11-2009, 02:15 AM
Hi,
I'm just recently getting into the world of mags, and I was wondering if there is any way to improve the efficiency of the stock X-Valve w/ lvl10 bolt? Specifically something to lower the pressure that the guns work at currently...850psi? I have read a few random things here and there, but nothing definite. Thanks guys!

pendulous
01-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Hi,
I'm just recently getting into the world of mags, and I was wondering if there is any way to improve the efficiency of the stock X-Valve w/ lvl10 bolt? Specifically something to lower the pressure that the guns work at currently...850psi? I have read a few random things here and there, but nothing definite. Thanks guys!

I am not aware of anything. The valve is designed for high pressure. It actually performs better with higher pressure. I think the level 7 valves are a tad more efficient, but you give up the advantage level 10s offer on paint.

Coralis
01-11-2009, 11:46 AM
You can run the valve at lower pressures for a few more shots, you will however lose any reactivity that the valve has. I've heard some people saying you can go down to about 675psi or so . That said i don't know if you will get that many more shots out of tank to through the trouble of setting up your mag and tank that way .

maniacmechanic
01-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Basicly , no , air efficiency has not or probley never will be good on a Mag
Personally I don't know why folks worry so much about it

SSP REAPER
01-11-2009, 06:37 PM
I would trade efficiency for bulletproof engineering any day of the week. Yesterday my buddy used my mag and he said to me "this thing was ripping like crazy when it RT'd, then it stopped working and I can't figure it out". I looked at it and the power tube tip was loose!! I tightened it up and he was off ripping RT on poor helpless souls again. To me, that's better then wondering how many shots I can get on a tank. :headbang: