PDA

View Full Version : the bane mag v2?

dark blade
01-14-2009, 01:15 PM
hello everyone... i am sure that everyone here has seen the great and wonderful bane mag... the warwitch masterpiece that almost every tac owner has tried to recreate in their own way.

here is what i have so far and would like to take votes on some other parts...

ACE
ULE frame
PTP battery pack
Shadow rail
WL tac bdoy (hopefully soon)
xvalve and lvl 10
tunablade
freak with WWa tip
cp pro rail
maxflo 92/45

now for what i need to decide on...

wood grips - heartwood, bloodwood, ebony, or black micarta
rails - shadow, tac milled emag rail, other
ano color - black, black polished, olive and black acidwash, dark green and black acidwash

lets see what people think, i will post pictures when it is complete, i just need to get some help deciding what i want to do with these last 3 things. I love the shadow rail but i just dont think it will fit my project.

Dend78
01-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Wood Grips - depends on anno color
Rail - I personally like the smooth look but i would say the Tac milled emag rail
Anno color - think out of the box a bit here, black be it dust or polished is everywhere, same for green and black acid wash. to be fair i would say dark green and black acid wash though to pick one either way good luck and get some pics of it up for us to see

:cheers:

dark blade
01-14-2009, 01:51 PM
good call... if i get ano i have decided it would be a black brown acidwash. I just need to determine what color grips and what style rail now.

Lets see some more thoughts on this.

Hook
01-14-2009, 02:09 PM
hello everyone... i am sure that everyone here has seen the great and wonderful bane mag... the warwitch masterpiece that almost every tac owner has tried to recreate in their own way.
You're right about that! I'm guilty of mimmicking some elements of Warwitch's Bane Mag, namely the Pearce 1911 .45 finger grip inserts, the Kruger wood grips and rail sling mount.

wood grips - heartwood, bloodwood, ebony, or black micarta

A year ago, I would have told you to go with bloodwood, but unless heavily coated with a good polyurethane, the bloodwood will oxydize and lose all of its rich colour after only a few games outside.

For similar results, I'd recommend rosewood or heartwood. You can apply a simple oil treatment to protect it and it will keep its shine.

But like other have pointed out, it all depends on the anno to plan on getting. These kind of grops will look great on flat or gloss black, but won't look as great on a green anno, IMO.

Chris Nearchos
01-14-2009, 02:48 PM
so, i have to ask (since yoru one of my best customers)...what battery are you going to be using? lol

-chris

dark blade
01-14-2009, 02:51 PM
well clearly i would prefer to use the li-ion pack... but im broke. I might be able to pull it off by selling my other battery and charger, but other than that i isnt gonna happen.

Don't worry chris, i got some more money to spend on you :cheers:

i am going to need a warp/emag power harness so i can power my warp through the emag battery, which might be reason for me to keep the KC battery (higher mAh) but i am not sure yet.

Chris Nearchos
01-14-2009, 03:12 PM
well clearly i would prefer to use the li-ion pack... but im broke. I might be able to pull it off by selling my other battery and charger, but other than that i isnt gonna happen.

Don't worry chris, i got some more money to spend on you :cheers:

i am going to need a warp/emag power harness so i can power my warp through the emag battery, which might be reason for me to keep the KC battery (higher mAh) but i am not sure yet.

lol, i just had to bug you about that. just getting everyone's bank account linked up to mine as it is said in the thread on the batteries...lol.

dont forget, i also offer the 18.5volt 1200mAH batteries too for a half the price of the Li-ion batteries. dont forget the discounts on the batteries either. details in the battery thread.

and just to help a great mag get off the ground a bit easier. if you buy any of my batteries i will throw in the warp/emag powering harness kit for free.

-chris

dark blade
01-14-2009, 03:16 PM
sounds great, i knew a great standup guy like you would give me an offer like that :)... i will try to see what i can manage, but aside from that, any thoughts on what i should do with the emag? it works 100% now, i just need to give it a complete makeover

Ruler_Mark
01-14-2009, 03:21 PM
grips - ebony or stained green ones.

rail - tac milled emag rail

anno - black olive marble.

Chris Nearchos
01-14-2009, 03:28 PM
wood grips - i would say go old classic american style. either a nice set of polished pearl....or a set of oak (white stained)

rails - other.....something with a bit of special milling

ano color - blue/white acid wash