PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Paint

govols
01-28-2002, 08:15 AM
Just curious how most folks clean paint from their automag/minimag. I seem to get paint in every nook and cranny on my minimag. It takes forever to clean it. Can I just pull the guts, and put the remainder of the gun under running water?

David

LaW
01-28-2002, 08:28 AM
actually a fully pressurized gun can be but under water :) but anyway yeah you can run the main body under water

Paintchucker
01-28-2002, 10:18 AM
I have an old 12 gauge shotgun barrel cleaner that I use. I just pull the valve off the back of the gun and run the barrel cleaner down the main body and barrel. Works great. I also have a second newer one that I put Rain-X on to put the finishing touches on my barrels when done. It makes it much easier to shoot through a barrel break when playing.

personman
01-28-2002, 11:03 AM
Thats a good idea... I usually take a wet rag and stick my finger down in the powerfeed/next to the bolt.. wipe all the paint off.. I dont like gutting it cause you cant put it back together in steps.. for me I have to slap it together and try to hold the valve in place while I screw the field strip screw in

govols
01-28-2002, 11:47 AM
I meant direct gun hits and splatter. I seem to get paint all over the exterior of my minimag. It's hard to clean.

David

virus
01-28-2002, 01:32 PM
esay and fun way (esp if your at a field and they got a garden hose out)

gas it up, hose it down (best to keep the paint and hopper somewhere else), towel dry, dryy fire, degas and pull out the valve and wipe it down, dry inside your barrel(s), reassamble, go play.... shouldn't take more then 5 min....