PDA

View Full Version : candian members: sending in valves, how long?

pip_999
01-28-2002, 09:12 AM
ok just wondering, i am thinkin of sending in my valve to AGD, to get it nicely tuned, and for them to update the valve a little (i think its a 6th series)

so to all of you candian members (i am in ontario)
did u guys have any trouble with this
you know with it going over the border at all????
how long did it take for you to get it back

thanx

PigSweat
01-28-2002, 09:52 AM
I was planing to send my RT in to fix a leak (before I fixed it myself). I called at the beginning of January and was told not to expect my marker back for nearly 5-6 weeks, due to the amount of work they had coupled with shipping issues ("guns" going over the border) following 9-11.

mrhooie
01-28-2002, 10:19 AM
It depends on how you send it and how AGD will send it back

I get stuff shipped to Yellowknife for my store by UPS and I can get expedited (best way to clear customs) in about 3-4 days.

Make sure you declare it as Sporting Goods or Paintball Equipment...

shartley
01-28-2002, 10:43 AM
Very good post.

I hope AGD reads this one, because it seems their staff can not figure this out. I find this both a bit odd, and …… well… come on guys. :rolleyes:

mrhooie
01-28-2002, 11:06 AM
Thanks shartley.. I've been in business now for a year and not had anything turned back

ALthough I've shipped with UPS and FedEx (they'reboth good and quick - UPS will clear your stuff and hasn't charged me a brokerage fee yet, FedEx uses an outbound Broker - and they charge at least $40)

G3 Paintball sends me my Lapco stuff USPS (so does Redz, but I haven't gotten my first order yet). And USPS has opened 1 of 10 shippments, never charged brokerage and takes about 2 weeks (but i'm in northern canada)

So, never lost a shippment yet (cross my fingers)