PDA

View Full Version : Why do they suck?

AutoMag Newbie
01-28-2002, 10:12 AM
Why do automags suck so much? on nitro these guns are "ok" but put them on c02 and i would rather use a pump.Why is this??

ciaran.mooney
01-28-2002, 11:04 AM
Because of the properties of Co2, and the properties of air. Bascially air is better.

personman
01-28-2002, 11:06 AM
co2 is fine unless you get liquid co2 in the valve.. then your screwed.. to try to keep liquid out of the valve, you can run a large expantion chamber, and a remote. That would help, but your better off buying nitro.

beam
01-28-2002, 11:24 AM
what are you talking about....i used mine this weekend. Temp in the 60s, set my hyperframe on 5 shot burst, 10bps, and blasted about 100 balls out.(all i had left in my hopper) Normally i run remote with co2, but this weekend i just had a drop with angled asa, and an expansion chamber.

Mags are fine on co2!

Paintchucker
01-28-2002, 12:16 PM
Actually the problem is not that they suck. The problem is that they are too good. An AGD gun is built to very tight specifications, and there are tolerances that are to 1/1000 of an inch. Unfortunately, CO2 is very inconsitant, especially in cooler weather, where it tends to stay in the liquid state. See how well your lungs run when you try and run them on liquid!!! LOL :)

hitech
01-28-2002, 12:26 PM
One problem is that the automag as a large air chamber which allows room for lots of liquid CO2. If you get liquid CO2 in there it is worse than some other markers because it has room for more liquid CO2. That said, I run mine exclusively on CO2. I run the tank remote and use a Palmer Stabilizer (regulator). Works fine.

Army
01-28-2002, 03:44 PM
Yup, I only run the nitro when I run out of Co2. Remote to expando is all I have really ever needed.

drx975
01-28-2002, 08:15 PM
I have c02 on my Minimag right now and I dont really think it is that bad. I run remote, and its perfectly fine in 70 degree weather. I have to admit, anything under that with high rof will cause the co2 to just suck. I took it out in 49 degree weather and its not worth the effort. So, if you like the cold or really like pball like me, get HPA. But its warm enough around here right now (70 lol its January) so I think im gonna use the 130 store credit im getting for my tipp98 to get that intelliframe. Can't wait one more day....

WiccanWarlord
01-28-2002, 11:06 PM
hmm..noone has jumped this guys *edit*=Do not circumvent the cuss filters. You agreed to NOT do this when you joined. yet for saying our beloved automags suck.. im very impessed.

the electrician
01-29-2002, 04:32 PM
your automag not workin well? If you think they suck, don't post it, just don't use one.
why would it suck because its got co2 runnin' through it? Yea well duh! you probly knew they didn't like co2 when you bought it.maybe you don't understand how it works so you don't kow how to fix it? or make it run good?
either way bashing something that thousands of people use and are happy with doesn't make you look good.
You know what sucks? co2 sucks. the only thing I like to use it for is shootin' a pull string in a conduit.
~E~