PDA

View Full Version : New part for interchanging bodies

LqdTECH
01-28-2002, 10:27 AM
I was thinking about the topic of people retro fitting an RT body on a mag cradle and the problem is u have a round peg on the RT body and a square whole on the Automag frame... some say use some welding and so forth to get it to fit, but I was thinking, " why dosent AGD just make a small metal space filler that fits snugly around the circle on the RT body and fills the surrounding area of the automag square?" It would be a 2 doller part if that and then everyone can interchange bodies without the hastle of welding or glue or what not just add the space filler piece for a mag then take it off for an RT or emag very simple. What do you guys think?

Omicron
01-28-2002, 04:21 PM
I don't think thats the problem. i think that the rail is too shallow for the emag/rtpro bodies, so people have to drill out a little of the part where the pims go into the rail. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

LqdTECH
01-28-2002, 04:34 PM
The top post on interchanging barrels says the only differences are the pims

SoupRman
01-28-2002, 04:55 PM
the part does not matter, just make sure the grip frame screw lines up exact with the pim adn it'll fit. if you care about say .5mm of a gap between th efron of the body and the rail, just sand it down.