PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Warp Feed off of E-Mag battery?

raehl
01-28-2002, 12:03 PM
So I finally had a chance to take out my new -to-me E-Mag with Warp Feed, both to CPX for rec play and Sniper Jack's for practice. At CPX, it was working fine with slow firing, but anytime I upped the bps I'd chop a ball. After a few games of this I diagnosed the problem to the warp feed only spinning enough to get the next ball just high enough to roll into the chamber, thus causing me to catch the ball halfway in and chop it. I was running the warp feed off the emag battery at the time, which had a full charge (well, full-to-green charge, not green+hours). The output from the E-Mag battery is voltage regulated down to 9 volts. This was a little strange, as I had (with considerable help from my cousin, heh) set the WF up right a couple weeks back. Anyway, when I put the warp feed on a standard 9-volt battery, it went back to operating normally (i.e., I'd get about 3 balls worth of turn per shot.) It is running on Intellifeed, although it'll also spin from vibration with the 9-volt battery, but NOT with the E-Mag battery as the power source.

So what gives? Is the E-Mag battery just not putting out enough current? I didn't have any troubles with the marker, and continued to run the E-Mag off of the E-Mag battery without charging through both days (about 2000 shots).

Incidentally, after switching to the 9-volt, the setup ROCKED. I usually play tape/forward, but when I subbed in at back a couple games I was able to throw paint no problems suppa fast with no skipped shots or chopping. And I *REALLY* like not having the hopper on top of the marker. I did notice that the R2K had some trouble keeping up with the WF, but hopefully the addition of the new HALO (which I neglected to bring with me) will solve that problem.

Thanks,
Chris

momags!
01-28-2002, 01:01 PM
It sounds like you may, in fact, have a currency problem. As you probably know, you're voltage isn't always proportional with the amount of current your warp is getting through your regulator. Your E-mag battery throws out 650 mAH, which is PLENTY to run everything. What type of regulation circuitry are you using? When you depress the white feed button on the warp does it appear to spin slowly or have trouble spinning at all when it is rotating past the balls? If you're using a standard 12V (RS, 7812) reg it won't allow enough current through to your periphs. Try the Variable (RS, LM317T) and get it to 11-11.5V's.