PDA

View Full Version : detent Q?

skyless
01-21-2009, 02:49 AM
Do ule main bodies have the detent on the left side or just the right? If i want one on the left side only do i need a dual detent body and use it uni detent?

Smoothice
01-22-2009, 03:40 PM
ule bodies have the detent on the right side. So I guess if you wanted a detent on the left side you would have to go with a dual detent body and just use one detent.

I have to ask why the side the detent is on matters to you?

Just curious.

See you sunday :cheers:

skyless
01-22-2009, 04:04 PM
ule bodies have the detent on the right side. So I guess if you wanted a detent on the left side you would have to go with a dual detent body and just use one detent.

I have to ask why the side the detent is on matters to you?

Just curious.

See you sunday :cheers:

Hmm and give away my secrets.....ok.
Building a mag pistol and trying to make it as light and compact as i can, was planing on running 12gs with the quickchanger mounted directly to the valve (if i remember correctly you may of done this). I may end up haveing the quick changer connected to a female stab and that connected directly to the valve (more consistancy less efficiency), but if i went that route the detend would get in the way. So if i feel the need for a stab i cant have the detent on the right side unless i have the stab and changer hang off the gun a bit. Any imput on any matter of this plan please let me know. THANks

Ruler_Mark
01-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Warp bodies have it out the top, if you are doing a spring feed you sohuld be fine...

Smoothice
01-22-2009, 05:13 PM
I see. Well one option would be to get a reverse valve.

Are you going with a classic or a xvalve?

I've seen reverse classics go for about $80.

I am working on a pistol project right now. Remind me on sunday. It is a long way from done but I think you will like where it is going. Of course if you stole my idea I would have to :ninja: you.
;)

skyless
01-22-2009, 06:32 PM
I have a warp left setup but im worried that the last ball could get chopped. I thought about using a reverse valve but then putting it in a holster on my right would be a bit of an issue. Got a dual deten body so im good to go, just figured that the detent is the same size/threading as an 1/8 npt port plug so now worries blocking the hole. Thanks, looking foward to talking about this on sunday if i make it, looking good so far.

skyless
01-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Warp bodies have it out the top, if you are doing a spring feed you sohuld be fine...

Any recomendations on low profile springfeeds for vert ule? looking into phantom setups for reference. Feed system is holding me up.

Smoothice
01-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Any recomendations on low profile springfeeds for vert ule? looking into phantom setups for reference. Feed system is holding me up.

noxx55 on mcb is making some pretty cool stuff. He has feeds that are angel threaded so you can just go right to the body.

He has other options as well.