PDA

View Full Version : ACE's for new PTP bodies

Chris Nearchos
01-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Alright, i was just looking through the new ptp body thread and something people kept questioning about was how to get an ACE to work to work with the body/breech.

Well after much surprise of no one even asking me if i could fix the issue, i have decided to put this thread up about it.

I have two solutions I can offer to give this great new blind body a new set of eyes.

1) I offer again my break-beam eye system for these bodies. these are simple plug and play setups (just like my ACE's) that require no special programming or anything. just milling of the eye holes. of course, you get to pick what ever color you want. of course the eys will easily rotate with the breech.

OR

2) I can offer a special add-on for my ACE boards (for the people that already have one of my ACE's) or can offer it as a complete kit for anyone who doesnt have a ACE to begin with.

the special add-on will allow the eye to get to the breech and be able to move with the breech as you move it.

now, the only thing i cant offer/solve atm is eye covers. i would need a body to get measurements from (or if ptp would be kind enough to give the dimensions of the breech), then i could get some covers designed and made up. but till then, i cant offer covers yet.

so with all that said, ladies and gents...please give me some honest feedback on these options.

-Chris

dark blade
01-21-2009, 09:03 PM
chris, i posted in the thread and made my own "ACE ptp solutiong thread" requesting your help... dont feel left out big buddy :)

we need your help on this one for sure.

Also... i am curious as to how the ACE would move with the breech for the vertical emag style ACE

please enlighten me either here or via pm if you wish to keep secret for a while

BigEvil
01-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Chris -

Are you one of those people that have that disease where they never sleep?

:)

MANN
01-21-2009, 09:09 PM
it sounds like there will still be exterior wires. Am I correct.

dark blade
01-21-2009, 09:17 PM
there would have to be... i dont like those... and the moveable piece for a vertical ACE i am confused about

Chris Nearchos
01-21-2009, 09:17 PM
I just want to say upfront (as i have already ben asked in a matter of seconds of this post).....my two solutions will not require ANY modifications of the breech setup. only 1 eye hole for the ACE eye.....and 2 holes for break-beam eyes.

now to answer the questions posted.

Dark--> sorry man, i honestly didnt see your thread. but now you have my attention and full thinking brain. I will have details on the ACE add-on posted a bit later tonight once i finish something first.

Big E. --> maybe.....but thats because of college. all these high end physic and engineering classes never give me time to sleep. not to mention my rebuilding of a saab 900 atm also taking a huge chunk of time.

Man--> Actually no, no exposed wires. most would be covered by the eye cover(s)....while what isnt hidden with those....will be covered by a special idea that i am still working on. Think along the lines of a hydralic cover on office chairs.

-Chris

Dend78
01-22-2009, 03:15 PM
yeah Chris im down with this idea already i got one of your ace boards specifically for this reason and now this breech design is hamstringin me. i was gonna ask you about it last night anyway but i was getting killed with sluggish servers and PM's like no other. if you build it they will come

:rofl: