PDA

View Full Version : ??BODYS, RAILS, and FRAMES??

SAMURAI "PREDATOR"
01-23-2009, 02:02 AM
Im curious and have two major questions.....

1. Can all bodies be used with all rails? Like tacone on a ule rail, ule on stock rail, it body on a stock rail, or any other configuration. Ive been seeing more and more of the exotic rails with tons of names and some wild shapes and designs to them. And id love to buy or tarde for one, but im affriad a body wont match my rail. Or the rail i like wont match the body.

Is theer any kind of chart that breaks this down. I have a custom milled RT rail with ULE body. But ive seen a It body i like, but i also like the phoniex as well. But i think it has its own rail intergrated into it (onepiece)???

Thansk for any help!

2. Ive been seeing other factory frames made to fit mags, either they be mechincal or electric. Are these modded heavily or simply? Are there any frames that bolt directly to a MAG without maodding? I know there is always gonna be something to do with a sear or tripping part. But any that there arent.

Also what is the easiest frame to mod to the MAG? Thanks again

mostpeople
01-23-2009, 02:15 AM
There is no chart, it would take forever to create.

Here is a good rule of thumb though, all bodies are compatible with all rails, except classic bodies, and RT classic bodies. RT classic rails are not compatible with anything but RT classic bodies and valves.

So, your IT body will work on your RT rail, because your RT rail is not a classic RT rail, see what I am saying?

Pretty much every frame made for an automag, is compatible on any marker. Older frames may have 'wings' what that means is they were designed for the classic AM/MM rails, and will only work with those. But they are rare.

Chimera frame, airwalk frame, intelliframe, Y-grip, benchmark frame.. all compatible with any mag.

Have a specific combo you like? post it up and we'll let you know if it will work together.

RogueFactor
01-23-2009, 02:20 AM
Im curious and have two major questions.....

1. Can all bodies be used with all rails? Like tacone on a ule rail, ule on stock rail, it body on a stock rail, or any other configuration. Ive been seeing more and more of the exotic rails with tons of names and some wild shapes and designs to them. And id love to buy or tarde for one, but im affriad a body wont match my rail. Or the rail i like wont match the body.

Is theer any kind of chart that breaks this down. I have a custom milled RT rail with ULE body. But ive seen a It body i like, but i also like the phoniex as well. But i think it has its own rail intergrated into it (onepiece)???

Thansk for any help!

2. Ive been seeing other factory frames made to fit mags, either they be mechincal or electric. Are these modded heavily or simply? Are there any frames that bolt directly to a MAG without maodding? I know there is always gonna be something to do with a sear or tripping part. But any that there arent.

Also what is the easiest frame to mod to the MAG? Thanks again

A1: No. Classic RT Bodies cannot be used with other rails due to dimensional differences. Automag/MiniMag bodies have a square PIM(the shaped bottom hole for the trigger screw). The only rail with a square PIM hole directly from AGD is the Automag/MiniMag rail. All the other bodies have circular PIMs, so they fit all rails square or circular.

I did a simple chart sometime back for my Dealers. But it was only for my RPG rails and a few others.

A2: Some are made from AGD Intelliframes, some are built to AGD specs, some are modded from other manufacturers frames, some are modded heavily, some simply. All the RPG frames bolt directly onto mags because they are made specifically for mags.

Easiest frame to mod? Depends on the modification you are attempting.

Silverback
01-23-2009, 02:22 AM
Not bad MOSTPEOPLE, now SAMURAI "PREDATOR", take two excederin to get rid of that pounding headache, get a goodnight sleep, then re-read this post again tomorrow and it will make more sense. :D

skyless
01-23-2009, 02:29 AM
When i started i found it really helpfull to look at the pic gallery to learn what fits with what. There are so many different parts that its hard to figure what works good. Ill try to answer some of your question.

there are 2 primary types of rails, rt and mm/am (minimag/automag), the rt rails are long and fit well with emag lowers and mm/am rails are shorter and good for a more compact look. am/mm and rt use different sear pins. Rt rails have a flat surface to mount a grip frame, am/mm use a frame with wings

Bodys follow the same format, mm/am or rt, same concept, ones long ones short

There are rail body combos (unibody) like the micormag

As for frames you have many to chose from. Most frame that are made for mags will just screw on and work, be carfull that your frame and rail are compatable (wings/nowings)

This forum has so much information its almost dizzying. If you feel you are drawn to a certain part, do a search, look for pics, ask someong who has one, find as much info as you can, I cant tell you how many things i have bought just to find out it was not what i really wanted.

HOpe this helps, its very brief but other will probably cover what i have not. Good luck and keep ready and searching this forum. Seriously the pic gallery is awsome.

SAMURAI "PREDATOR"
01-23-2009, 02:47 AM
WELL HUGE THANKS!!!!

I appricate all the GRAET feedback, Ive been a member for a coupld years now,a nd i can always count on great info being brought to the table instead of someone riding my a$$ for being stupid. I bought a custom milled RT rail with holes in side and have a ule body but it just looks so plain. I like the IT body, but really like stuff like the phoniex. As fara s frame i bought a nice pneuframe that just rips. But again, its just so plain and simple.

(but the again maybe thats a good thing) lol

Id just like to find a decent frame to put on my mag, and change its body or look. I have a unique paintball outfit (PREDATOR mask) APG march issue EMR. ANd the rail i got looks like the queen aliens head so alike body would be GREAT!

THANSK AGAIN FOR ALL THE GREAT INFO and HELP!!