PDA

View Full Version : apex help

crazyjoe12
01-23-2009, 06:53 PM
so i just bought a bt47 apex barrel and i was wondering how do i get the apex tip off the barrel? i want to put it on a different barrel because the one i bought is the wrong threads.

SummaryJudgement
01-23-2009, 06:58 PM
The Apex barrel has screws down the length of it. It should come apart into two halfs.

HOWEVER, you cannot simply put it on the end of any barrel you want. There is a special groove the Apex fits around on the barrel end. The only barrel I'm aware of that you can put an Apex on is the Lapco Bigshot Apex version or some of the BT milsim looking barrels with AK shrouds and what-not.

You may be screwed my friend :(

:cheers:

Watcher
01-23-2009, 07:27 PM
If you have a lathe or send the barrel you want to Doc Nikel you may be able to get it milled to accept the APEX.

But yes, the only barrels I have seen are APEX ready Lapcos and select Tippmann/BT barrels.

Eddie9195
01-23-2009, 07:33 PM
The Apex has 4 small screwws on the underside. Remove them and the tip will come off.

The UMS and Palmers both make barrel adapters for the Apex. As long as the barrel you want to put it on is not flared at the end and is around 7/8" OD it should work.

Another method I have seen that works to to use strips of heat shrink tubing stacked up a layer at a time to make the needed grooves. Match the width and spacing of the grooves of the stock barrel and you are good to go.

Stayhuge
01-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Smart Parts makes freak tips that accept the Apex tip. I have one, and it's pretty cool. Just google it or check on ebay.

dark blade
01-23-2009, 08:11 PM
yea, or you could just use the electrical tape mod which allows you to use it on any barrel... have fun with the apex tip :)

maniacmechanic
01-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Flatlines Up over on The Underground Mod Shop , makes delrin adapters for the Apex tips

jlamont2020
01-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Spec ops and J&J both also make barrels that are apex ready

trevorjk
01-24-2009, 03:42 AM
if its still in BRAND NEW condition, bring it back to your pro shop and say you got the wrong threads and return it for the one you need?