PDA

View Full Version : 8 year hiatus - over

trippleRipple
01-24-2009, 03:14 PM
so after 8 years from being away from the sport I walked out on the field again today.

nearly 30 years old & playing with a 16 year old minimag. I think about four people on the field knew what type of marker it was! hell the marker is older then half the kids out there.

Took a little to get back in the swing of things but had a blast.

The paintball park was tops too! Nice facility with two woods courses and two speed ball fields. Extreme Rage Park.

Played some wood ball with a few of the regulars, Thanks guys for letting jump in with you! Then it was time to try speed ball; I used to really enjoy the fast pace of speed ball.

I think the most challenging thing was to go out on the speed ball field with no other player over 14 years old. What would I do if I was hit on the opening volley. What shame. but that was not to be; me and my mag eliminated at least half the other team. I was a champion among minors! Even if they had full autos.

Anyway thank you Tom for making such a great marker. :hail: I knew coming back into the sport there would only be one marker for me!

AGD
01-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks Tripple!!

AGD

DevilMan
01-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Congrats and welcome back...

Not all of us that are still playing a spring chickens...

So glad you had a good day and held your own against the young'ins.

Keep on :shooting:

DM

SouthPark22
01-24-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm 43. Rocking the Speedball and BushBall field with AGD in hand. Crazy man slides are my special claim to pain...uh... I mean "fame". LOL. The youngin's never know what to think when they get bunkered by an "OldMan". Keep on rockin'!

D.

Zone Drifter
01-24-2009, 03:50 PM
That is an excellent story! Even though I'm 25, I know what you mean by feeling old, alot of the kids playing are around 16-ish, with their parents on the benches. They think I'm another teenager, feels great! Not the same kind of great as getting carded to buy beer, but similar. :D

Miscue
01-24-2009, 05:04 PM
"My paintball gun is older than you." :cry:

tweter
01-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Im 29 and just got back into the game and the only marker I wanted when I was younger was a mag and I now Ive got one, I love getting out on the field and beating kids half my age......Is that so wrong??

p8ntbal4me
01-24-2009, 07:19 PM
I have seen MANY players from the "old days".

My 2 closest fields are owned by a "Wild Geese" member,... many of the "old guys" know who they are/were.

Everytime I go into the registration, we talk about the days of mags and cocker,.. how the games used to be played. Usually in the middle of the conversation, we get a few "younger" guys that talk trash about the weight, technology gap, etc when using an AGD product.

These are the guys that get burned off the break by my 26bps Classic R/T and they cant figure out why. Call it like you see it I say,... AGD performs. Its a better gun for a better player, period.

If I want to awe,... play a few rounds with my X-Mags. They all ask what verison of the ION it is :D

Welcome back to your "old family",.... Nice to have you back!

~ Jai "P8ntbal4me" Menard

thegrayghost
01-24-2009, 09:08 PM
so after 8 years from being away from the sport I walked out on the field again today.

nearly 30 years old & playing with a 16 year old minimag. I think about four people on the field knew what type of marker it was! hell the marker is older then half the kids out there.

Took a little to get back in the swing of things but had a blast.

The paintball park was tops too! Nice facility with two woods courses and two speed ball fields. Extreme Rage Park.

Played some wood ball with a few of the regulars, Thanks guys for letting jump in with you! Then it was time to try speed ball; I used to really enjoy the fast pace of speed ball.

I think the most challenging thing was to go out on the speed ball field with no other player over 14 years old. What would I do if I was hit on the opening volley. What shame. but that was not to be; me and my mag eliminated at least half the other team. I was a champion among minors! Even if they had full autos.

Anyway thank you Tom for making such a great marker. :hail: I knew coming back into the sport there would only be one marker for me!

welcome back trippleRipple to this great sport of paintball...its ironical, you have been away for 8 years, and i have been playing for 8 years......i shoot 2 of the very best markers that were ever made....my Classic Mag & my AKA Viking....by the way younguns, i am 65 years of age, lolololo and enjoy every minute of this sport here in Northern Ohio....

thegrayghost

DevilMan
01-24-2009, 09:16 PM
by the way younguns, i am 65 years of age,

thegrayghost
:clap: :hail:

I hope I'm still able to do it at that age!!!! I'm only half way there and some days I wonder!!!

DM

Warwitch
01-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Welcome back! While a lot has changed while you were gone. But you will find a lare community of us true old schoolers still trying to keep it fun.

:clap: :hail:

I hope I'm still able to do it at that age!!!! I'm only half way there and some days I wonder!!!

DM

Someday I will be the 80 year old man defending the base from his weelchair. :argh: