PDA

View Full Version : Venting out the reg

RJR99SS
01-28-2002, 03:25 PM
My mag is venting out the back everytime i put gas to it. The first time this happend i just turned the velocity down and it fixed it.

It happend today, and i tried messing with the velocity all different ways and nothing happend. I even replaced the regulator o-ring.

I'm starting to think i got a defective valve altogether. When i first bought it i had to tap out the field strip hole cause the screw would barely fit into it. Its the same thing with the velocity bolt, it takes alot of effort to turn the thing.

govols
01-28-2002, 03:37 PM
Clean your reg seal (brass). When reinstalling the reg seal be sure that it's a press fit. If it fits easily then you have it upside down. See if that helps.

David

RJR99SS
01-28-2002, 03:46 PM
i'm sure its in the right way. i've had it in both ways and it didnt make any difference

Gunga
01-28-2002, 06:16 PM
First I'd try replacing the regulator seat. If you look at the seat from the side, one end is wider. The wide end goes towards the regulator.

If that doesn't fix it, it may be that your regulator piston o-ring needs to be replaced. Or your regulator piston went bad.