PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice/Anno/Pneu

DeuceSV
01-25-2009, 11:36 PM
So this is what I've got right now.

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq228/jtwusaf/utf-8BL0RldmljZSBNZW1vcnkvaG9tZS-21.jpg
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq228/jtwusaf/utf-8BL0RldmljZSBNZW1vcnkvaG9tZS-22.jpg

Pictures are crappy, taken with my blackberry, but you get the point.

I can take it fully pneumatic internally (sleeper mag?) for about 190 bucks... pro's? con's?

Also I think I want to go the annodizing route to make this a one of a kind which I will keep forever... any good annodizer's out there? Advice before I pick one and ship him/her my parts?

And last but not least, I need to find a straight fitting that will reach the threads in the bottom of my rpg gas-through foregrip. The threads start just too far up in the foregrip for my 90* fittings to reach and my local shop's straight fittings weren't long enough, either. advice?

Thanks AO,
Jason

Swamp Thing
01-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Grunt Bull has done some good work for me in the Anno Department.

Don't know if there is enough space in grip for full sleeper.

Swamp

pk5
01-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Pneumag: There isn't really a con to it, but it is one of those project that you want to build anyway. Do you plan to do this your self or do you plan to send it out?

Anodizing: There are many, is there a specific theme you are looking at? Splash? Fade? Solid? That will help determine your anodizer since some can do all or just solid..etc. The fool i think is still doing it, and i am not sure if Nu metal is doing it anymore. I am sending mine to noxx on MCB for anodizing, but then it just kinda up to your taste on who you want to send it to. As long as you don't send it to some unknown or new person you should be ok.

Side note: grunt bull have been having a lot of complain lately, so proceed at your own risk.

For the rpg foregrip, can you get another fitting that would work? Or do you just have an unusual one? Have you PM rogue asking for help? I don't think he would design a foregrip that use a strange fitting.

tbaggin
01-26-2009, 01:58 AM
i got a CP mini gas through and it came with a str8 fitting that takes a hex key inside and goes in nicely.

Im having the same issue with Anno, I am talkin with thefool, and A-tac-one is having some stuff done and when he gets it back he is going to tell me if they are referrable or not. I was thinkin GBA, but i dont trust my nice mags to just anyone, I PM'd BAZOOKA but i think he is not taking anything right now.

Im going with a Pneu frame, I have had many ULE mechs and have an Xmag, so i want to try somewthing different,

J, I would go with the pneu frame!

DeuceSV
01-26-2009, 02:13 AM
I think I might actually want to go pneumag.
I'm sending it out to Loguzzzzz (I think that's his name). He is doing a fully internal pneumag set up in my RPG Chimera frame.

As for annodizing, I am looking for a bomb-*** theme.
No single color or splash stuff.

I want to have a jaw-dropper.
As I am in the air force, maybe air force colors Blue and White (Silver since white isn't really an anno option) and I want it to have writing and designs on it.

Might be hard to find someone who can do such a custom job.

DeuceSV
01-26-2009, 02:15 AM
of course the problem with that is now I need to find a barrel or barrel kit that I REALLY like to play with so that they will match as well.

DeuceSV
01-26-2009, 02:16 AM
god I'm such a scatter brain!

And now do I spring for a karta body or phoenix body or the CHORD body? mmmmmmmm

ok last post

tbaggin
01-26-2009, 02:18 AM
get on aim schmuck!

lol

dont copy me, so you gotta geta chord, dhallara, or better yet, get the new MIcrop mag, those are SICK!!!

chafnerjr
01-26-2009, 09:53 AM
It's a good idea to pay to have the pneu install done for you by someone who's practiced. I've played on plenty of home built pneumags and the one that I had cyberave install last winter is so significantly better that I couldn't even believe it was possible. Besides the efficiency issue of being an automag my cyberave built pneu is just as fast with just as light a trigger pull as any electro, but with a much better feel. it's also fantastic practice for those who like fast finger contests. Once you get used to walking a good pneumag it will make you faster on any regular electro.

Ask whoever does the pneu install about cyberave's mag mod. When you make the trigger pull so light the spring in the 3way simply isn't enough to push the trigger back out so you can pull it again. This can lead to more regular short stroking. I'm sure that everyone that does pneu installs know about this mod. Maybe there is even something better out there now, who knows.

Best of luck to you. :cheers:

Dark Side
01-26-2009, 10:26 AM
I think I might actually want to go pneumag.
I'm sending it out to Loguzzzzz (I think that's his name). He is doing a fully internal pneumag set up in my RPG Chimera frame.

As for annodizing, I am looking for a bomb-*** theme.
No single color or splash stuff.

I want to have a jaw-dropper.
As I am in the air force, maybe air force colors Blue and White (Silver since white isn't really an anno option) and I want it to have writing and designs on it.

Might be hard to find someone who can do such a custom job.

Dude, AF colors are blue and yellow, not blue and silver/white. The Fool might be able to help out your ano needs.

Dend78
01-26-2009, 01:00 PM
talk to thefool hes done some really nice work and he hasnt screwed up an anno job twice said he would fix it publicly and refund the persons money then said in an email sorry about your luck heres your money back im not gonna fix it

cons for a pneumag umm well paint and air costs seem to go up with it :tard:

:cheers:

Dark Side
01-26-2009, 01:28 PM
he hasnt screwed up an anno job twice said he would fix it publicly and refund the persons money then said in an email sorry about your luck heres your money back im not gonna fix it

:ninja:

Dend78
01-26-2009, 01:37 PM
:ninja:

wha?? :D

DeuceSV
01-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Yea, I know the colors are technically blue and gold, but I don't want that on my mag...

I'm looking for more blue/silver stars and like the air force logo, sorta.

So is the fool a guy I can trust or not?

Anno first or Pneumatics first?

Stayhuge
01-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Pneumatics first. Granted, if you are sending it out to get them done, Loguzzz will most likely not mess up your anno, but it's just not worth the chance. Tools, drilling, milling, and dremel work will most likely be invovled, especially in a sleeper frame. Just my 2 cents though

TheFool is a good guy. I actually just sent him my stuff a few weeks ago. He should be finishing it up soon. From what I hear, his work is good and his prices were definitely reasonable. I would send him a pm and get a quote. I havae used Bazooka Boy before. He was fast with the turnaround and his work was pretty good. But I don't think that he is taking on business at this moment. His prices were about the same as TheFool. Then there is Gruntbull. Based on the recent complaints about them, I personally did not want to chance it. From what I hear, they will rectify the situation, but I didn't feel like dealing with any problems, and they were a little more expensive than TheFool. Those are the three that I had sent quotes and heard about/personally used. There are plenty of others that are well respected and do great work. But I don't know if they are taking on work. Oh almost forgot about Nu_Metal. His stuff was sick, but IIRC, he told me that he wasn't taking on work at this time. But It's always worth a shot.

Dark Side
01-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Yea, I know the colors are technically blue and gold, but I don't want that on my mag...

I'm looking for more blue/silver stars and like the air force logo, sorta.

So is the fool a guy I can trust or not?

Anno first or Pneumatics first?

Build the gun so you know it works the way you want it to first. Then ano. As I said earlier. go with "The Fool".

DeuceSV
01-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks everyone.

Waiting to hear on a chord body right now... sahweeeet