PDA

View Full Version : Boston advice...

Eatem Alive
01-28-2009, 03:09 PM
So my wife and I will be in Boston for a 3 game series vs. the Yankees in August. This is how we are celebrating part of our 20th wedding anniversary :clap: . Anyway, do any of our Boston residents have any suggestions for good eating places , more specifically sandwich and BBQ. Also good pubs to watch the Sox on TV as we will arriving a day early.

grEnAlEins
01-28-2009, 03:44 PM
So my wife and I will be in Boston for a 3 game series vs. the Yankees in August. This is how we are celebrating part of our 20th wedding anniversary :clap: . Anyway, do any of our Boston residents have any suggestions for good eating places , more specifically sandwich and BBQ. Also good pubs to watch the Sox on TV as we will arriving a day early.
There are some bars right near Fenway which are cool. I am not from Boston, but I go to school here. We went to one over there the other night and it was awesome. I have never seen a bowling alley in a bar before :wow:. The one place I have been meaning to eat is at the Union Oyster House. I have not been yet, but it is a must do. I do not really know of a good BBQ place around here, but you can get a good sandwich in pretty much any little restaurant you find. When I came out here with my folks we went to a few places and all were great. There several other places near the Union Oyester House that I have been to. They all had great food and phenomenal house beer! I especially liked the Bell in Hand Tavern.

Phaelynar
01-30-2009, 06:34 PM
BBQ in Boston? :spit_take

Go eat a roast beef sandwich or seafood.

If you want BBQ, go somewhere in the southern hemisphere of the United States.

If you like Japanese food, a close family friend owns the restaurant Douzo. Food is quite amazing.