PDA

View Full Version : AGD on the brink?

Redarms
01-28-2009, 09:11 PM
I have had several people tell me that AGD has stopped making the RT pro and 68 automags as well and will sell off their stock and call it quits. My question is , can this be true or just more rumors made up by the smartparts devil :shooting: . I only ask cause why would anyone quit when you have such a loyal fan base :hail: and isn’t it just so much more fun to be the last ones standing or is that just me? :argh:

skipdogg
01-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Technically AGD stopped making the RT Pro and 68 automag several months to several years ago. The 68 stopped being sold at least a year or two ago. Then there was the Pro classic which was sold up until about 6 months ago. The Rt Pro stopped being sold about a year or two ago as well. Now its the ULE custom. So, yes those people are correct.

BigTrucker
01-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Here we go again! :sleeping:

Looper
01-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Beemer, can you lock this thread....

Thanks

Madmarx
01-28-2009, 09:57 PM
AGD Is Done deal with it

cockerpunk
01-28-2009, 10:01 PM
AGD is running grass roots these days.

AGD has long gotten ride of any in house machines, or even work staff. roman runs it out of his garage. and no RnD

in a way this is sad, but at the same time AGD has almost no overhead, and im sure roman is a phone call away from a machine shop that whips up spare parts for him.

AGD will survive a good long time with that business model. and it means good AGD quality parts and support for you guns.

maniacmechanic
01-28-2009, 10:57 PM
I have had several people tell me that AGD has stopped making the RT pro and 68 automags as well and will sell off their stock and call it quits. My question is , can this be true or just more rumors made up by the smartparts devil :shooting: . I only ask cause why would anyone quit when you have such a loyal fan base :hail: and isn’t it just so much more fun to be the last ones standing or is that just me? :argh:

Redarms , it's your 8th post ( that what it said at this reply ) , do just a little research before you start asking ?'s like this .
It has been gone over & over & over & over in thread , upon thread , opon thread , upon thread , & it's just like CPunk said
Really it would probley be best for you to stay away from Mags ; it is a terrible disease , it will cost you lot's & lot's of money & mabey even lead to a worse disease called AKA's :rolleyes:

Storminnorman
01-28-2009, 11:15 PM
They wont even let you drop markers off anymore for service :( Which is what made AGD so great for me and made me get my xmag. You could go get a tour of the factory guided by Tom and drop your markers off to be serviced. When Tom would explain things they seemed almost magical,his office, the dino bones and so many other interesting things. It was better than going to any paintball store ever. It made you proud to own a mag. I'm not saying I'm not proud to own a mag anymore I just miss dropping my gun off. I also have to say every time I have called recently with a question or an order problem the service is still top notch and on the ball. The customer service is so good I have my old lady call for me and I always get the right part. :spit_take . I would feel much safer hand delivering my xmag in a locked case guarded by these guys.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q320/emilyshevrole/guys.jpg?t=1233198976
I would also be saving a boat load on shipping. I also would rather have my xmag than any amount of insurance money. I'm afraid to send it anywhere and I lose a little more sleep every night till it arrives where it needs to be. That is a pic of my two friends and me after going to Jerry Springer Show Live. I'm on the left, Shrek in the middle, and Sammy is on the right.

going_home
01-28-2009, 11:42 PM
I called Roman last week for some of his tech-spertise .
He said business is good.
They are 2-3 weeks lead time to do repairs.
That tells me they have plenty of business.

:ninja:

drewkroeker
01-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Really it would probley be best for you to stay away from Mags ; it is a terrible disease , it will cost you lot's & lot's of money & mabey even lead to a worse disease called AKA's :rolleyes:

Ha ha! :rofl: That warning makes me laugh, because it's true! I started with an RT Pro and now I have four mags with plans to upgrade them, as well as an excal. It's also kind of not funny because of the crapload of money it costs. :wow:

Redarms
01-29-2009, 08:11 PM
thank you all for the info.

Redarms
01-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Redarms , it's your 8th post ( that what it said at this reply ) , do just a little research before you start asking ?'s like this .
It has been gone over & over & over & over in thread , upon thread , opon thread , upon thread , & it's just like CPunk said

Sorry, i have a full time job and go to school at night so it makes it kinda hard to do homework and do research on this, but thanks for the warning on the disease, but its too late :cheers:

flyingpootang
01-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Here we go again! :sleeping:

Don't look now, but the "sky is falling".....Well its off to London for me to go and tell the Queen

gibby
01-29-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm so glad I'm infected then! :headbang:

insixdays777
01-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Really it would probley be best for you to stay away from Mags ; it is a terrible disease , it will cost you lot's & lot's of money & mabey even lead to a worse disease called MACDEV :rolleyes:

Yep dont do it man. Stay away. It will ruin you.

Bassaro
01-30-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't know how you guys feel but I always felt that automag users were always granted a level of immediate respect on the field. Not any joe smoe young pup paintballer uses a mag. There is Never a constant copetition to see who has the newest model of mags. And even though some new ballers might ask you what kind of marker your holding they know the name when you say it. The AO community is what has kept this name alive and with the advances that have been made by members here has kept this marker at a competitive level. I don't know just my two cents.

pmstc
01-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Um.. I don't think Smart Parts has to worry about AGD for competition... just saying...

tech-chan
01-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Um.. I don't think Smart Parts has to worry about AGD for competition... just saying...

And how many "quality" markers by SP have you held?

pmstc
01-30-2009, 04:32 PM
And how many "quality" markers by SP have you held?
A few. They aren't quality.

You can't honestly think that AGD is a major competitor of Smart Parts... I love AGD but they are simply not a competitor. They aren't even in the same market.

RogueFactor
01-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Lets be realistic here. Remember when Tom made this post?...
(This quote is shortened, full quote here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160739)

To all my friends on AO and in Paintball,

It has been no secret that AGD has been under financial stress for many years. With the recent downturn in the industry it no longer makes sense for me and my family to pursue a living from this great game. Effective today I will be retiring and moving on to other business ventures outside paintball...

..I sincerely hope that paintball gets past its recent flurry of issues and comes together as the great game and industry we all know it can be.

Tom Kaye AGD

Now ask yourselves the following questions:

1) Does AGD have more dealers or fewer since Tom retired?
2) Have things gotten better or worse for AGD since Tom retired?
3) Have things gotten better for the paintball industry since his post was made?
4) Have things gotten better for the economy since this post was made?

If you can answer yes to all these questions, things are peachy. But if the company was under stress back then, considering everything...could it really be better now?

Remember when AGD moved?... http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217507. Ask yourselves, did they move because things got better? Or worse?

Lastly, all the new parts for mags coming out...none of them are cut from AGD stock.

In the past every RPG part I made that could be made from an AGD part was. It started back in 2003 with anodized ULE E-mag rails. Then battery packs. Anodized AGD triggers. My original RogueRail was cut from RT Pro rails. Thereafter, every RPG rail was cut from AGD Slugs. The ULE Classic rail cut from Automag/MiniMag rails. The Ultra Light Frame is cut from an Intelliframe. The RPG Exile Body & Pariah ULE bodies are cut from AGD bodies. This meant every time you bought one of these products, you were putting cash in AGD's pocket. This helped AGD.

With all this said, ask yourself how exactly things could be good for AGD.

Jaan
01-31-2009, 05:54 PM
It has been gone over & over & over & over in thread , upon thread , opon thread , upon thread...So why isn't there a sticky?

This always seems to be a big question that people are always asking, so why not a nice big sticky on the top that's actually updated on a regular basis by those who are in control of the company?

I don't want to know what some posters said a year or two ago, I'm interested in what the people involved in the company and possibly aftermarket parts are doing today.

Redarms
01-31-2009, 09:32 PM
So why isn't there a sticky?

This always seems to be a big question that people are always asking, so why not a nice big sticky on the top that's actually updated on a regular basis by those who are in control of the company?

I don't want to know what some posters said a year or two ago, I'm interested in what the people involved in the company and possibly aftermarket parts are doing today.

Thank you, thats what i wanted to know. :cheers: