PDA

View Full Version : Need some help, Cockers & LP

xero28
01-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Hey all. I just picked up a cocker from Ruler Mark, should be here in a week or so. I recently also picked up two LP Max-Flo Manifolds thinking they were HP. Yes, two of them. The first one I didn't realize Manifolds had LP setups, the second one had all the indications of HP, Oh well, I only spent about $25 between the two of them. Anyway, I've never used a cocker before, does anyone have any experience running cockers at lower pressures. I've seen in a couple of places that say they can run between 250 and 350 psi, but will I need a higher pressure tank, or will I be able to use one of the LP manifolds? I ask because I figure I'd keep at least one of the Manifolds instead of just getting rid of them. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, if anyone is interested in one of the regs (or both for that matter) drop me a line.

-X

DevilMan
01-30-2009, 09:35 PM
You can run a cocker off of HP or LP.... It's a matter of the springs that you have inside the body.

I would try to run them LP, but it won't hurt to run HP.

You say manifold??? As in being on the tank???

You are still going to have a front reg to break the HP down to LP if need be right???

Short answer... it's in the springs. The Valve Spring and the IVG spring. The pressure that you have going from the reg into the springs is what matters.

BTW, I'm kind of interested in one.... maybe....

DM

xero28
01-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Yeah, it's a Manifold reg on the tank (the stacked kind). The gun does have the front reg to drop the pressure. I'll just have to see what happens when I get the gun. Hopefully I'll be up there next weekend and you can check out the regs.

-X

DevilMan
01-30-2009, 10:23 PM
hmmmmm.... Well Mark should be able to tell you what pressure it ran at or if he's not tweaked the reg if it had one on it, to put it on a gauge and tell you pressure it's set at. Then just put the output on a gauge and push it up to it and you should be golden...

If not then you know of course to start LP and go up from there...

Hope to see you and the bro next Saturday!!!

DM