PDA

View Full Version : ULT fine tuning

Elemental
01-31-2009, 09:50 PM
I currently have 3 shims in my ULT and it shoots very nice (practically walkable).

When I put a 4th shim in, it becomes even lighter (definitely walkable) without any problem with runaway rt. However, when I put the 4th shim in it starts to leak (small leak). I really want to put the 4th shim in so I can have the lightest pull possible. Any idea on how to deal with the leak?

Thanks.

michbich
01-31-2009, 10:18 PM
If you are getting a leak down the barrel when the trigger is held back, it's because your pin can't reach the on-off oring correctly. So no, you can't make the trigger pull lighter by adding another shim. Anyways, that's my understanding of the ULT. But i have been wrong before.

maniacmechanic
02-01-2009, 01:53 AM
you may TRY putting a quad ring ( E Mag ) ring on the top , I have no idea if it will work or not :confused:

ElPanda
02-01-2009, 02:55 AM
if you put more shims in it gets lighter?

I was under the impression adding more shims only made it more reactive

IDK what to think now

michbich
02-01-2009, 09:54 AM
if you put more shims in it gets lighter?

I was under the impression adding more shims only made it more reactive

IDK what to think now
It would make sens. The more shims, the shorter the pin has to travel on the top on-off oring. Thus reducing resistance. No?

DamianTC
02-01-2009, 12:09 PM
one thing you can try. hard to say if it will fix your problem because you didnt discribe much detail about your leak.

I had alot of problems with my ULT and having leaks with it. Tuna even helped me out and he even said I had a hard one to get right. Before I installed the ULT, I tuned my level 10 with the RT on/off and it seemed perfect with no leaks and shot fine. When I installed the ULT, no matter how many shims I had in it it wouldnt fire correctly and I had barrel leaks. If I held the trigger down, no leaks. I ended up having to put another shim in the Level 10. That got the gun shooting correctly but I still had a small barrel leak. This lead me to go one carrier size smaller in the Level 10 and that fixed the leak and now the gun shoots perfect with no leaks.

This leads me to believe the RT on/off is alot more forgiving than the ULT, and that the ULT needs much more precise tuning with the Level 10

Elemental
02-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Sorry for not describing the leak.

It's not down the barrel. It's around the on/off (not sure which part of the on/off its leaking through though).

But the trigger has no reactivity with either 3 or 4 shims. But it does feel lighter with 4.

DEEPSEA
02-03-2009, 02:27 AM
if you lube it there should be no problems. I have six shims in mine to make the little kids cry when they get out of hand. :headbang:

Xceolite
02-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Six shims is a good time :)

BigEvil
02-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Try changing the oring on the outside of the ULT body. It sounds like by adding another shim you are making that oring move closer to the outside of the hole.

Or, put a thin layer of white tape under it. As evenly as possible. See it that helps at all. There could be small imperfections to the finish of the hole where the ULT goes in causing it to leak when the oring tries to seal against it.

I have one like that. PINTA.