PDA

View Full Version : A new RPG body to come soon...

RogueFactor
02-01-2009, 09:24 PM
This was a project I started a few years ago. It hasnt been release until now because I wanted all RPG products that could be made from AGD stuff to be. The time has now come to build RPG bodies from the ground up. I have been keeping it under wraps except for a select few that have been privy to its pending debut. :headbang:

What you see pictured is the front 'breech' portion of the body. The rear 'valve cover' will have multiple options and is not yet pictured. :ninja:

More details will be released in due time, but for now this is what I can show you.

And for the pic...Enjoy!

http://www.pblegion.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156&stc=1&d=1233535579

Dirge
02-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Spiffy!

maniacmechanic
02-01-2009, 09:55 PM
didn't warpedmephisto come up with something like this last year ??

RogueFactor
02-01-2009, 10:01 PM
didn't warpedmephisto come up with something like this last year ??

Yeah, he did. Fortunately, I made a post with a pic of my original prototype that pre-dates his post. You can find my original post here: http://www.pblegion.com/showthread.php?t=2637

Shane-O-Mac
02-01-2009, 11:03 PM
The Original Prototype of Warped's body was debuted at SPE 4-21-08. But I do believe that Deadlywind trumped that by a bit, gotta see if I can find that info.

Rouge your post on PBlegion doesnt show any back part of the body, did you just mount it and use it? If so, did you now decide to make some other kind of back after the fact? Just curious.

RogueFactor
02-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Hey Shane-O

My original prototype was something I created back circa 2005 when Colin was still actively into mags. Back then I found out that Colin was pursuing a CF tubed back body, as I stated in the Tech thread here on AO some months ago. Out of respect to him and for some other reasons, I put the idea on the back burner and chose instead to make Exiles & Pariahs from AGD ULE bodies. Ive spent the last year or so depleting my inventory(including Exiles & Pariahs). This was something I posted some weeks ago here in this thread: http://www.pblegion.com/showthread.php?t=3283

As youve stated, the CF was known to be originally Colin's idea. And Colin knows that we spoke about this project some years ago.

And since are curious, youll find I stated over at the PBLegion thread that I plan on having multiple options for back portions, which is why they arent yet pictured. There are some things I want to keep under wraps until I am ready to unveil them. :ninja:

Being they are a simple tube, there isnt much to show by picturing them except the options I currently want to keep under wraps.

Engus
02-01-2009, 11:35 PM
is the front half equal to emag length or would it stick out even past that?

MANN
02-01-2009, 11:41 PM

The one he showed is emag length.

p8ntbal4me
02-01-2009, 11:52 PM
I dont understand something about the pictures,.. maybe its the angle.

The original ULE looks like this:
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/ULE%20RGP/DSCF3094.jpg

So the front of the ULE would be noted by the horizontal lines and the body mount extrusion screw hole toward the forward most section of the feed/breach. Which also happens to almost line up PERFECTLY with the ball detent.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/ULE%20RGP/DSCF3095.jpg

Then there is this picture dated prior to Andy's post on AO with this picture:

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/ULE%20RGP/AnorexicULE.jpg

Which shows the no dentent (so it is either not drilled yet or on the other side), the AGD horizontal front end body milling lines of a ULE body, and the body mount extrusion screw hole toward the forward most section of the feed/breach. Leaving me to believe the section cut off the back is the area where the "tube" would go to house the valve.

This is the body that doesnt make sense to me:
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/ULE%20RGP/RPGULEBody.jpg

This body shows the detent on the forward side of the feed neck. The body mount extrusion screw hole is relative to the detent. From this picture I see that the tube in the front is longer than that of the second picture.

Whats the purpose of the body in the 3rd picture over the second picture? Looks like there is added material to make it heavier/more stable, cover more of the barrel in the 3rd one over the second one.

Is this the only version of the body or does it come in different front lengths for different rail lengths?

How heavy is this body going to be (top end)?

~ P8nt

RogueFactor
02-01-2009, 11:53 PM

Mann is correct, the one shown is E-mag length.

One of the many options Ive on keeping under wraps until it was unveiled, but will release here to illustrate options I have planned is that the body will at some point be available with the MiniMag look/length. This is something that maggers have expressed desire for over the years from AGD with the ULE body, and something I wanted to deliver for those who wanted it. :D

Engus
02-02-2009, 12:24 AM
a ule minimag would be sweet. :hail:

RogueFactor
02-02-2009, 12:41 AM
I dont understand something about the pictures,.. maybe its the angle.

So the front of the ULE would be noted by the horizontal lines and the body mount extrusion screw hole toward the forward most section of the feed/breach. Which also happens to almost line up PERFECTLY with the ball detent.

It must be the angle for you. First, all these bodies are AGD spec. But so you can confirm for yourself, there are some AGD CAD's floating around of the Slug body. Find them and see for yourself that the two do not line up according to AGD specs.

This is the body that doesnt make sense to me:

This body shows the detent on the forward side of the feed neck. The body mount extrusion screw hole is relative to the detent. From this picture I see that the tube in the front is longer than that of the second picture.

Whats the purpose of the body in the 3rd picture over the second picture? Looks like there is added material to make it heavier/more stable, cover more of the barrel in the 3rd one over the second one.

Is this the only version of the body or does it come in different front lengths for different rail lengths?

How heavy is this body going to be (top end)?

~ P8nt
Hope to be able to clear things up for you...

My original prototype was cut from an AGD ULE body, this is why you see the teardrop grooves. It was also cut down in the front very similar to the Pariah body, you can see the barrel threading in the pic. Thats why there is a difference in length, as the new body is E-mag in length, and Pariahs are AM/MM in length.

Current Exiles & Pariahs have dual detents. This new body does too.

If you read my prior post to this one, youll see I plan on offering in the future multiple options. One of which was a "MiniMag" style body, Im certain at some time I will offer them in similar cuts to the Exile & Pariah as well. And some other cuts yet to be revealed :ninja: . Of course, weight and pricing will vary upon length and options available...

pito189
02-02-2009, 01:46 PM
http://www.pblegion.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156&stc=1&d=1233535579

That thing is tiny and awesome looking. Angel feednecks and detents?

TwilightG
02-02-2009, 02:29 PM
This would be great for Pneumagger's Nano-Mag frame :eek:

zondo
02-02-2009, 07:06 PM
This would be great for Pneumagger's Nano-Mag frame :eek:

My thoughts exactly.

mr doo doo
02-02-2009, 08:07 PM
ooo, cant wait to see the finished product Rogue! always making automaggers happy :)

Sumthinwicked
02-02-2009, 08:26 PM
nice everytime i think i own enough LOL

RogueFactor
02-05-2009, 05:16 PM
There is plenty planned for this body. A few have hinted at a few of them. Dont have any pricing yet, but hopefully soon. This body is to be focused on value.

Dend78
02-05-2009, 05:21 PM
That thing is tiny and awesome looking. Angel feednecks and detents?

its gonna be standard like a ULE body so yes angel feeds

RogueFactor
02-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Dend is right, just like ULE bodies these will have Angel-threaded feednecks and detents. The barrel threading will be cocker. This will allow all current mag owners to use the feednecks and detents they already have.

I plan on including a RPG Sub-Zero feedneck & ReTents too :ninja:

skyless
02-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Do you have an estimated eta for these? I know warpedmephisto is working on something simular, is this going to wait untill his is out in order to not "step on toes" or is that a non concern for both parties. I am eager to see what you have in plan for the back, Ive always been a fan of RPG products and was in the market for another pariah untill these
dual-bodies showed themselfs, now its a question of what one to get/wait for.

[NA]WARLORD
02-10-2009, 05:38 AM
Mann is correct, the one shown is E-mag length.

One of the many options Ive on keeping under wraps until it was unveiled, but will release here to illustrate options I have planned is that the body will at some point be available with the MiniMag look/length. This is something that maggers have expressed desire for over the years from AGD with the ULE body, and something I wanted to deliver for those who wanted it. :D

Dude, if you come out with a ULE Minimag body, i'll sell my Ion and buy another Mag. I always loved the Mini style and your products have always been top notch.

RogueFactor
02-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Do you have an estimated eta for these? I know warpedmephisto is working on something simular, is this going to wait untill his is out in order to not "step on toes" or is that a non concern for both parties. I am eager to see what you have in plan for the back, Ive always been a fan of RPG products and was in the market for another pariah untill these
dual-bodies showed themselfs, now its a question of what one to get/wait for.

I dont have an eta at this point. These have been in the works for so long that I dont have any plans to hold them up. The one you see in the pic is the value version, and will be very well priced.

MANN
02-15-2009, 09:13 PM
well they aren't going to get done with you on the computer. Get back to work. :D

Don Carnage
02-21-2009, 03:54 AM
Man, I've been wanting a ULE minimag for a long time.
Looking forward to seeing it.

DiSoRdeR
02-26-2009, 04:20 PM
the body will at some point be available with the MiniMag look/length. This is something that maggers have expressed desire for over the years from AGD with the ULE body, and something I wanted to deliver for those who wanted it. :D
I've been wanting one of these for the past six years, thank you! :hail:

RogueFactor
05-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Update:

Posted this over at MCB & PBL a few days ago. Here is a pic of the body with the valve sleeve. Nothing earth-shaking, but gives you an idea of what it looks like assembled and in 'real life'.

Being that this body will be value-priced, I have decided to make this one single-detented like the AGD ULE body. Future designs(ie Pariah & Exile) will have dual detents standard.

This and many other projects are in the works, hope to have more to show you all... :ninja:

http://www.pblegion.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=216&stc=1&d=1241810923

mt84
05-15-2009, 11:32 AM
This is Nice, I'm glad your back.....

:cool:

Don Carnage
05-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Lookin good.

Eagerly awaiting your sleeve options.

GT
09-05-2009, 12:19 PM
:cheers: