PDA

View Full Version : MicroMag Trigger Problem! HELP!

DimSum
01-28-2002, 06:21 PM
Its a Micro Mag FX Black, all stock parts on it. When i run Gas threw it works fine shoots good. BUT when I put the safty on and pull the trigger it still shoots. I checked and the safty works fine, somthing strange with the guns firing pin.

PLEASE HELP IF U KNOW WHATS GOING WITH MY GUN PLEASE RIGHT BACK! THANKS!

Wheelman
01-28-2002, 06:27 PM
Have you (or anyone else) been mucking around with the trigger rod? Sounds like it is cranked out to far and is firing the gun before it gets to the saftey. I could be wrong but it is an idea.

DimSum
01-28-2002, 06:35 PM
well man i think your on to somthing. If thats the case what should i do. I don't have a lot of experiance with mags.

Wheelman
01-28-2002, 06:42 PM
I can't for the life of me remember the proper lenth of the trigger rod, but I am sure someone else in here will let ya know what is is if you ask. Check it with a caliper and it threads in and out like a screw.

ShinyGuy
01-29-2002, 01:04 AM
3 things it could be. The safety itself, or the part of the trigger that engages the safety could be dammaged or tampered with. You can check both of these by removing the grip and visually checking if the safety blocks the trigger motion. If it does (and it should unless it's been messed with) then the trigger rod has been adjusted out too far. There should be a small gap between the trigger rod and the back of the trigger.

DimSum
01-29-2002, 09:36 AM
My safety seems to working just fine. When i have the safety on the trigger rod is pushing agenst the back of the trigger and when i pull the trigger then fires but it short strokes. Im ganna try to fidle with the rod to make it shorter. Thanks for all the information everyone!