PDA

View Full Version : cerberus pump vs rainman pump

dark blade
02-03-2009, 03:23 PM
has anyone used both? i am very curious what people have to say about the two in comparison. This would be the best method to compare a ccm pump to a pump mag in my opinion.

I really am curious as to what the outcome will be

Is one smoother than the other, is one lighter to stroke than the other, is one more comfortable to hold than the other?

I would like to see someone who has used both write a very very detailed synopsis of the two so that i can read it and store it in my knowledge bucket

BigEvil
02-03-2009, 03:29 PM
I love my Cerberus tach pump. Once I got past all of the cuts on my hand, I really found it comfortable :tard: :p :D

J/k

(thats a little Jay humor for him)

Seriously he did a great job with the pump kits. Highly recommended.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
02-03-2009, 04:00 PM
I Don't have a rainman one but I do have 2 of the cerberus ones and they are are super nice. milling is A++ and everything fits like a glove. :clap:

Mongoose
02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
i'm a big fan of the ones Jay "Cerberus" made :headbang:

Rudz
02-03-2009, 05:18 PM
ive owned both and i gotta say, jays handles and kits are pretty sweet, on the other hand, loguzz has my old mag with rainman kit and hes got that thing butter smooth, so i guess its up to the user, either kit is butter smooth and beautiful

mpsd
02-03-2009, 05:51 PM
I have both as well. What I can say is that the Cerberus one's are just a little heavier but in my opinion, they fit your hand better. The Rainman229's are just a little bit smoother and lighter to actuate but just as good. What makes the real difference though are the looks. Again, in my opinion, I like the Cerberus's better.

Here is a pic of mine:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/DSC04012.jpg

The Rainman229's is the green one with the Q-Loader under it and the Cerberus's are the one just above it (with the splash kit) and the one on the top right (the Tac One). This latter one is a fully custom one of one lenghted kit that Jay did for me. The other pump on the lower right also uses several Cerberus's parts with just the pump handle being a stock AGD one.

:cheers:

BigEvil
02-03-2009, 06:00 PM
looks like Mendel needs to get his "Mag Whore Club" membership card.

mpsd
02-03-2009, 06:10 PM
looks like Mendel needs to get his "Mag Whore Club" membership card.
You think so? LOL And there are 5 other Mags not pictured :headbang:

:cheers:

Smoothice
02-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Well I don't have one of jay's kits. But aren't they based off of the original agd ones?

I have had both an agd kit and a rainman kit. Never used the rainman kit because I LOVE the looks of the agd ones.

It is butter smooth and seems to actuate very lightly.

So looks wise alone i would go with the agd/ jays kit.

But looks is very subjective. I would go with what you think looks the best in your opinion.

Cause they will both be great function wise.

flyingpootang
02-03-2009, 10:11 PM
I have both and they are close. You could say that Rainmann229's is "BUTTER SMOOTH" While Jay's is "BUTTA SMOOTH".

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff333/flyingpootang/PICT3325.jpg
http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff333/flyingpootang/th_PICT3370.jpg (http://s537.photobucket.com/albums/ff333/flyingpootang/?action=view&current=PICT3370.flv)

gimp
02-03-2009, 10:38 PM
That blue pump mag is awesome. :wow:

flyingpootang
02-03-2009, 11:00 PM
That blue pump mag is awesome. :wow:

Funny thing is Rainmann229 did the milling and anno, but it has Jay's kit on it.... :eek:

PumpMag
02-04-2009, 12:20 AM
Throughout the OSC tournaments, I've shot 2 AGD factory pump kits and 1 CI pump kit which I like the best and I've shot it exclusively through all of 2008. I plan to shoot it again for the 2009 tourney season as well.

I haven't shot the rainman kit yet, I'll have to try some of the other AO member's guns at the next meet to see how I like it.

mr doo doo
02-04-2009, 04:12 AM
i will have to strongly agree with smoothice here, that the CI pump kit is the better looking kit made for automags, and the performance of it is just phenomenal: very smooth and feels nice. Rainman's i hear is made very well, and is very smooth too, but CCM's just looks and feels better on Snipers.

hope you're able to find which is right for yourself!

dark blade
02-05-2009, 12:41 PM
i ended up picking up a cerberus innovations pump :) i love it but the emag length'd ULE body is killing the stroke and creating friction... once i get a better body i will be fine.

I plan to build a dallara pump mag... dallara body, rail, RPG 15* asa and gas through, xvalve with lvl 10, and of course a nice RPG ULF incase i ever take off the pump kit and need some rt sweetness.