PDA

View Full Version : How much $ for RT valves now?

Konigballer
02-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey, just wanted to ask how much do RT valves, NOT X-valves, go for nowadays?

I wanted to eventually drop one in my Minimag and was curious what the general market price for one is nowadays. Which RT valve is uncompatible with the classic AM/MM rail, is it the original "RT Valve"? Will I also need to switch out my original sear for an RT sear? Looking foward to someday mowing faces on my local speedball field with my steel bodied beast! :shooting:

xero28
02-04-2009, 04:18 PM
I've seen them go for as little as $70-$80 up to around $130 with a Level 10. It's the "Classic RT" valve that is incompatible with everything. You will need a standard sear if you're using the standard AM/MM rail. The RT sear uses a different kind of pin that is threaded (I think) that is specific to certain rails. So it's really the rail that determines what sear you need, not the valve.

Konigballer
02-04-2009, 05:37 PM
ok, cool, that price range sounds pretty reasonable. Oh yeah, didn't the different rails mean you needed a different sized sear pin cause the spacing between trigger and valve body changed from the classic rail width? Thanks for the info.

MANN
02-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey, just wanted to ask how much do RT valves, NOT X-valves, go for nowadays?

I wanted to eventually drop one in my Minimag and was curious what the general market price for one is nowadays. Which RT valve is uncompatible with the classic AM/MM rail, is it the original "RT Valve"? Will I also need to switch out my original sear for an RT sear? Looking foward to someday mowing faces on my local speedball field with my steel bodied beast! :shooting:

" RT " valves are only compatible with RT Classic markers

RT Pro/ Retro/ Emag/ Xvalve/ X/ Emax valves are all the same thing (some use different materials than others). They will all fit into a minimag.

You will NOT need to switch out your sear. Only if you switch rails will you need to switch sears.

usually an RT Pro/ Retro/ Emag valves with level 7 goes for 90-110 with level 10 it is 120-150

saying all of that I have one for sale if you want one. Yeah I know shameless plug. PM me.