PDA

View Full Version : Warp Feed battery life

DamianTC
02-05-2009, 05:26 PM
I use one 9v battery in my warp feed and it seems like the battery doesn't last that long in it. I'd say it lasts about one case of paint +/- 500 shots. Now I have the dwell with all four jumpers off to get about a 1/4 spin per shot. I also have it connected to an Emag with the cable. Is that about right with the number of shot I am getting? or should I stop buying the cheapo batteries and step it up to Energizer?

What about the average amount of shots you guys get? and I have the 12v adapter for two 9v batteries coming in the mail, will that increase the number of spins I get?

dark blade
02-07-2009, 10:34 AM
sadly it will not increase the number of shots you will get by using the 12v adapter... it will increase the spin speed... but not the actual battery life.

what the 12v adapter does is basically link the two batteries in parallel which combines the voltage of the battery, not the life of the battery (or is that in a series)

anyways... the only way to increase the battery life is to get a better battery, run it with more shunts on there to lower your cycle distance each shot, or use an emag to warp power harness (you can hit up chris nearchos for one of those)

this would make your warp run off the emag battery and would allow for much longer life as well as the ability to recharge it

secretweaponevan
02-07-2009, 11:35 AM
You can go for the "big cell mod".

2 9-volts in parralell will give you a 1-2bps increase (due to increased amperage I believe) and just about double the life of a single 9 volt.

DamianTC
02-08-2009, 04:13 PM
thanks for the responses, Can you guys give about the number of shots you guys get with one 9v battery?

dark blade
02-08-2009, 04:47 PM
i would love to give you that estimate... unfortunately i have never killed a 9v... i have always used a rechargable and charged it each time i came home. (i never shoot more than a case a day)

i use the emag to warp adapter now... :)

Ravenneon
02-09-2009, 07:14 PM
I have a warp feed and I've probably run about 4000 rounds through it on the same battery(9v non rechargeable) but its also not dead yet. I also have the intellifeed setup though so it only runs when i pull the trigger---not with vibration--i'd have to say its probably running when you don't need it maybe...don't know.