PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To Adjustable Tanks?

Konigballer
02-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Why did they go the way of the dinasour? I'll finally be in the market for one in the spring and as I do a little research on them it's starting to become clear that their might not be any made anymore? WTF? Did I overlook one, or do I have to go the used route to enjoy the simple pleasures of shooting the RT valve at 1000psi? :shooting:

pk5
02-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Not completely adjustable tank, you can still find old reg: Air America Raptor Rex, etc...

But for the newer your choices are:

PMI reg that you can get the 1000 psi spring with.
Ninja Reg : with the right shim it can go up to 950 psi
Crossfire : output at 850 Psi

Not much else beside those.

DamianTC
02-06-2009, 12:42 PM
just to name a few more:

I use a AGD FlatLine reg, adjustible up to 1200psi.. bought new at tunamart

and I also have two Nitroduck I-Reg 68/4500 tanks w/ 1000psi output, bought new off Ebay

Thotograph
02-06-2009, 01:35 PM
i-Regs are sweet! When you're talking about an adjustable preset. Kinda an oxymoron but its what they are. They look and function in every way like a preset but you can change the output by swapping in different reg pistons. I've got 3 iregs. Most push enough to get RT without even having to use the 1k piston (the 800 seems to do the trick). I've got a Ninja tank too, and while I haven't run it over 800psi (need another shim) adjustment of its output is by far the easiest I've ever seen of the adjustable presets I've seen.

As for fully adjustable tanks they have gone out of style but many still use them. I've got a few dynaflows I need to sell/rehydro. Also have a flatline that I love and will never let go of (92ci bottle ftw). RulerMark is a complete dynaflow whore. I've lost count but I'm sure he'll come in and list them. I've kinda turned into a prejustable (new word!) whore myself with the ninja and 3x iregs. You could consider my DXS tank prejustable too but I don't have the HP kit for it. I'll probably nab one since I've got a micro mag on the way. That little 48 bottle is sweet!

Konigballer
02-06-2009, 03:35 PM
ok, well at least I have some options. I'll look into those 3x iregs. thanks for the info!