PDA

View Full Version : Chimera...a few changes, what do ya think?

RogueFactor
02-07-2009, 06:01 PM
There has been some interest lately to bring the Chimera out of retirement. If/when this happens, there are going to be a few changes. The first being getting rid of the bumped 'AGD' trigger guard.

Members of PBL voted in this poll: http://www.pblegion.com/showthread.php?t=3473, and chose A. The poll is still open, so for those of you here that are members at PBL, please vote and let your voice be heard!

Ive mocked up the trigger guard chosen so far by the majority, and made a few cosmetic changes. There will be other minor changes, but this will be the jist of it.

Let me know what you think:

http://www.pblegion.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=165&stc=1&d=1234044506

warbeak2099
02-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Looks good. Are people still after you about the version for Eblades?

michbich
02-07-2009, 06:21 PM
looks great.

RogueFactor
02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Looks good. Are people still after you about the version for Eblades?

Thanks. The desire comes and goes for an Eblade version. Any suggestions as to the frame?

olinar
02-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Looks good to me!

warbeak2099
02-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks. The desire comes and goes for an Eblade version. Any suggestions as to the frame?

One thing I've started really paying attention to is where the pivot point is. Having the pivot behind the trigger like in a Timmy or Quest feels significantly better than having the pivot above the trigger. It's just the right way to do it IMO. Once you start shooting guns with the trigger set up like that, you can't go back. If you could do that with this frame, you'd be definitely making a useful improvement, not just cosmetics and stuff.

Just my $.02

And yea, I don't see a lot of cocker owners getting together with the needed support. I mean I'd love it, but I don't see it making sense on your end.

Ratt
02-07-2009, 09:07 PM
If my name sticks, do I get a free one...? :p

GroovYChickeN 2.o
02-07-2009, 09:22 PM
One thing I've started really paying attention to is where the pivot point is. Having the pivot behind the trigger like in a Timmy or Quest feels significantly better than having the pivot above the trigger. It's just the right way to do it IMO. Once you start shooting guns with the trigger set up like that, you can't go back. If you could do that with this frame, you'd be definitely making a useful improvement, not just cosmetics and stuff.

Wile this is a good idea, I don't think it will happen. One of Rogues big things is "AGD spec". All of his current trigger models are agd spec. If he was to change this frame, that would mean none of his current products would work in it.

Good idea for sure, just not a good logistical decision for rogue.

warbeak2099
02-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Well the problem is that there are improvements which can be made over "AGD spec" triggers. An upgrade would be something that makes that improvement. I think for too long Mags have been supported by "upgrades" that are simply different cosmetic variations of the same thing. I think the best thing for Mags would be to keep adding improvements where they can be added.

I mean as much as there was this huge fiasco over the frames, G-Force really did a great job on the trigger geometry. They feel way better than any Intelli could ever feel. Just that simple practice of moving the pivot point makes a world of difference.

behemoth
02-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Dont know why, but the front reminds me of this:

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4628/ccmgripframeblklg6nv.jpg

RogueFactor
02-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Its more like this one...

http://www.pblegion.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=160&stc=1&d=1233787701

eXo_oUtSiDeR
02-08-2009, 03:03 AM
i like how you rounded the straight vertical part underneath the trigger gaurd. On the original it always bothered me how it was so squareish and it took alot of getting used to. I like the design alot though, good work! :D :dance:

chafnerjr
02-08-2009, 09:53 AM
One way or another... if it ends up being released before June you can count me in. I need one for my wifes new marker and I'm having trouble finding an unmolested Chimera (w/o someones homegrown pneumatics). Any idea on when you might make a decision on a run?

lather
02-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey Rogue any chance of adding a dovetail?

RogueFactor
02-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey Rogue any chance of adding a dovetail?

There are a few changes being considered, and that is defiinitly one of them...

gunangel
02-12-2009, 09:11 PM
don't know if you checked pbn after your inital post but a few suggestions that were made were.

milling for the clippard mpa-3

moving the intelliswitch bracket down a little more and making it wider without the holes drilled would be very nice as it will allow much easier msv-2 mounting, because not too many people use the intellifeed system anymore.

mechanical safety?

liking the trigger guard :)

looks great rogue!