PDA

View Full Version : ReBall for accuracy testing?

trippleRipple
02-08-2009, 08:33 PM
I have not been particularly happy with the accuracy out of my emag and want to try and figure it out without blowing through a case of paint or two.

Has anyone played around with reballs enough to comment on their ability to replicate a paintballs characteristics in the barrel.

I guess I am asking does it act enough like a paintball that if the paintball is shooting inaccurately so will the reball.

thanks

cockerpunk
02-08-2009, 09:10 PM
well, the issue of bore size is a big one. reballs are tinny, and they are not geliten coated, so they interacte differently with the barrel then a true paintball.

however, lord odin on punkworks measured like 100 of each of about 4 different balls and reballs and found that his reballs were more spherical and consistent then paint.

and am of the opinion that the only thing currently out there that simulates real paintballs fired though real barrels is real paintballs.

MANN
02-08-2009, 10:34 PM
and am of the opinion that the only thing currently out there that simulates real paintballs fired though real barrels is real paintballs.

qft.

rawbutter
02-09-2009, 09:11 AM
^

Listen to the Mann... he knows what he's talking about.

Proof! (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2088833)

spwz99
02-09-2009, 09:59 AM
The college team I play for scrimmages once a week with reballs and it seems to us that the reballs are fairly accurate under 250 feet per second and then only for the first 30 feet of flight or so. After that they tend to dive and curve pretty erratically.