PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Cocker for Pump Kit

Nick28
02-12-2009, 10:57 AM
I love my Emag but I'm wanting to play some pump in the woods, so I'm looking for a cheap autococker. I"m probably going with PMP kit. I did some searching on the forum and seen that a lot of hate for the Psycho Ballistics Lightning, but I happen to like the Psycho Ballistics SuperBolt because of the milling. The other choice is the WGP Worr Games Trilogy Sport Autococker, I'm not a big fan of the looks. A buddy has the Trilogy and it seems OK stock, never had a pump on it. So the three choices are:

Psycho Ballistics Lightning $90
Psycho Ballistics Superbolt $100
WGP Worr Games Trilogy Sport Autococker $60

I'm still looking around at pump kits so recommendations are appreciated. I've checked out PMP, CCM and a few others the tech at Diehard Paintball suggested. He took the spring out of the handle and placed it right behind to make a shorter stroke which I really liked.

02-12-2009, 06:51 PM
The Lightning is a full size coker (with bad tolerances generally)
The Superbolt is minicocker length
the trilogy (as far as I know) requires its own special pump kit

Spider-TW
02-12-2009, 07:37 PM
I have a superbolt that I stuck a block of wood onto as a pump, just to have a pump gun. My son has the pump mag. :(

Mini pump kits (superbolt) are more expensive than regular 2k pump kits (lightning). The frame of the superbolt is not well finished like a dye frame and doesn't feel very nice to me.

Someone over on mcarterbrown was sellilng trilogy pump kits cheap recently. A trilogy pump looks a lot better to me than the semi version. Mcb has lots of autococker conversion pump-fu.

ultralight
02-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Is there a brick and mortar store in your area? Preferably one that's veen around a while?

I was able to pick up a used 2001 RF cocker for $50. It was a trade in that had been sitting there for a while.

You could also search the paintball forums. If you don't mind buying used you could get an actual WGP cocker for less. (I hear that the PB cockers can be pretty far out of spec) Basic cockers go pretty cheap nowadays.

here's just one example: http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=239882