PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy THIS for US$ 100?

mpsd
02-16-2009, 08:08 PM
It's a 1996 LF Evolution cocker with a WGP pump kit and no pneus. the guy is selling it locally for US$ 100, with everything pictured but the red dot sight. What do you think? Is it a good deal?

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/camosniper1.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/camosniper2.jpg

michbich
02-16-2009, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't, but i don't like snipers. Atleast it has a CP grip and pump kit.

What kind of barrel is that?

PBChappy
02-16-2009, 08:54 PM
i would easy

MANN
02-16-2009, 08:54 PM
looks like a spray paint special. although I do want the foregrip. and left feeds are not as common.

Dawg047
02-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Hmm, it looks spray painted. If it wasn't painted I would say heck yeah on that deal but I am not sure about the paint job and how it affects the value. It is left feed which is uncommon. I would say it is personal prefernce but I personally wouldn't buy it due to its paint job. If that was annoed, heck yeah but in my experience, paint is kind of sloppy and will eventually start to come off. Good luck. :cheers:

Whee McGee
02-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Parting it out would net more than $100, so that would be a yes.

Try to get that paint job off, though. Looks like a better job could've been done.

mpsd
02-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Thanks for your input guys. I thought about the paint job and I'll try removing it to see what's under it. Possibly I'll event take it with me to US for a good ano job. What happens is that, here in Brazil, you don't find anodizers and custom milling as you do in US. People don't do it at home here.

As I never had a cocker and I'm kinda linking these pump cockers, I thing I'm gonna buy and, as Whee said, I can always part it later. Should be a fun gun to play with anyways.

About the barrel, the owner says its a WGP one, 12" long. Should be a 12 year old model.

behemoth
02-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Strip all the spraypaint off.

I can almost guarantee the internals are nasty.

The body looks like it could be nice (if you strip it right.) - The pump kit is a 'Hooptie' kit (35 bucks, that handle is solid alum - Its heavy.) - There is no reg, so basically, he's got it tuned for direct air or c02....

Goodluck. If you dont want it, let me know ;)

mpsd
02-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Got it. Here are some new pics:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/DSC04045.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/DSC04046.jpg

I've removed the tape in the barrel, changed the macroline and it's fitings, changed the ASA and tuned it for a good 285 fps with direct air. Gun is clean and smooth and it's lighter than I thought it would be. I'm still deciding if I'll remove the spray paint on the body or not. It's not THAT bad when you look at it and I'm afraid of ruining the anodizing beneath it.

Jaan
02-23-2009, 12:13 AM
I've never taken off anodizing when I take off paint.

I usually strip paint off of aluminum with something called "Aircraft Remover". It's made to take paint off of aluminum airplanes. You can actually hear it crinkling the paint. After a few minutes it's simply a case of taking what's left off with a sponge. Look around, maybe ask someone from the local airport what they use.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second taking the paint off.

I always wanted an Evolution of that era. I think they're beutiful, especially in silver with black trim. At the time they were too expensive for me.

Thotograph
02-23-2009, 12:39 AM
Same here I've always always wanted a pre 2k evolution ever since I saw them being advertised new back in the day. Def a decent scoop. Left feed... it'd be fun to switch it to semi and put a warp on it or something. If you clean it all up and get new springs and replace any necessary seals you should have a good shootin little sniper or cocker depending on what you do. I'm sure it'll come out great when you're finished with it.

JesseB
02-23-2009, 10:41 AM
lol @ the scope

That thing looks like hell you better restore it

pump
02-25-2009, 07:08 AM
that this is sick, you scored

what internals you got in there?

mpsd
02-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks! I believe it has the stock Evolution internals. It's butter smooth, anyways.