PDA

View Full Version : Emag w/ Emax Valve Troubles

Nick28
02-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Here's the skinny, I air up the gun go out and play a 4 minute game, let the gun sit 20 minutes until the next game. When I get ready to play another game it doesn't fire. I have to turn off the asa the air leaks out and turn it back on again to get the gun to fire. What's up with that? It happens every time even on a filled tank yesterday. It's happened before but I don't remember it being every time, then again it could be all the time. Simply re-airing solves the problems.

On a side note, the team I was on yesterday for the 7th Annual Hell Froze Over 3-Man Tournament at DIehard Paintball placed 8th out of 8th. We had a blast losing. My third tourny, another guys second and we were randomly placed with someone who never played in a tourny. Fun stuff, really. Last game of the day I was the last in at the center 30 when I got shot in the mask, man it hurt. Broke the skin my nose and upper lip. It was three on one, I was side to side trying to land a shot as they ran in on me. When I stood up I got shot in the butt... that hurt.

pk5
02-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Have you check for bolt stick? It sound like what happen to my mag before when it have bolt stick.

To check, air it up and once it refuse to fire, push back on it with a squeegee. If it does fire after that, even 1 shot, then you are likely to have bolt stick.

To fix that you need to change the carrier size to one size larger and see if that will work.

paullus99
02-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Check the spring as well - I had my mainspring shear right in half & didn't know it until I took the marker apart.

athomas
02-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Definately sounds like bolt stick. Go to the next larger carrier size. Remove all shims when doing this. Once you get it firing consistently without leaks, you can reinstall the shims.