PDA

View Full Version : Xmod for hyperframes and many other markers?!?

Chris Nearchos
02-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Well it was a long battle to bring me and P8nt's new UTB based Emag board to life. but after fighting the board forever, I finally completed it and had it shipped off to P8nt for final review and to start selling. SO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR IT THIS WEEK IN THE DEALER SECTION!!!!!

But to the point of this thread. Now that i have completed the new Emag board, i am looking for the next board to do. I have been working on repairing a handful of hyperframe boards and have run into the problem with one board having the main chip fried. So without having a programmer/software for the chip (and because i have 500 Atmel chips in stock), i got to thinking. Why not bring Xmod to hyperframes and any other possible marker out there.

With that said, i know many of you have the Xmod programmers laying around collecting dust.....while you have other electrical markers laying around needing some nice new software. So I would like to ask all that are reading this to post some markers that Xmod would be greatly wanted for. Now dont forget old markers like B2K's and even rain makers! Anything running off an electric board i can make happen.

Now with that said, i want to openly ask LorneCash for help on this on this (since i cant get ahold of him privatly). I know you want to get the rest of your programmers sold and earn a bit more on your awsome software. So would you be willing to help change the software to work for 12 and 9 volts systems and help with any questions i might have with the software technically? this would of course give you the chance to get your code protected and safe like you really want (i.e. patented with any changes you want to do with requirements of use of software).

so there it is, I am wanting to help push this awsome software to any and all other electric markers. I just need the help of everyone to make this happen.

-Chris

Bill of requirments on donor boards:

It must be a spare or dead board and can not come from a working marker. I dont want anybody putting a marker into "decomission mode" over this project. and i have to be able to keep the board.

List of boards being worked on and who sent them:

- Tribal board from "Ratt"
- Hyperframe board from "BigEvil"
- Fokus board from "hitech"
- Tippmann X7 board from "Swamp Thing"
- Viking board from "fsrxc1"
- GZ Intitmidator board from "211"
- Shocker SFT Board from "Deathss"
- Ion Board from "Deathss"
- Impulse Board from "Deathss"

Chris Nearchos
02-17-2009, 09:30 PM
forgot one piece of info that would probably help this get rolling.

I will give a free new board that i make for whatever marker for the first (fried/bad/good) board i get for each marker. this is to help me get a stock or aftermarket board for measurments and setups while giving a reason to help me out.

Example of what i am talking about:

if you suggest for me to do a new "rain maker" board and send me an old original board for keeps (so that i can get measurments and some needed info on the marker's requirments).....I will send you the first board i make for that "rain maker".

-Chris

michbich
02-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Let me put my hyperframe board in the microwave for a few minutes! :D

Interesting project you have there. Hope everything works out!

hitech
02-17-2009, 10:37 PM
I have a Fokus grip (for spyder clones with mag spacing), but I don't think they are really popular enough to be worth the effort. However, if you think differently let me know.

Chris Nearchos
02-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Let me put my hyperframe board in the microwave for a few minutes!

No need for the board to "go bad" if its a good board. I just think it would be alot easier for someone to give up a bad board then a good one.

I have a Fokus grip (for spyder clones with mag spacing), but I don't think they are really popular enough to be worth the effort. However, if you think differently let me know.

effort isnt a problem. there is more to this project then what i have listed. the other half of this project is it being a way for me to learn more about all the other control boards out there for electric markers. its a way for me to learn a bit more by hands on.

but with that said, i WILL take any and ALL boards. it doesnt matter if i make 5 or 500 boards for a certian marker.

-Chris

Ratt
02-18-2009, 12:03 AM
I can send you a working Tribal board. If you make some, I will bring it up to the guys on TOG (Tribal Online Group), and try to get their interest piqued... Send me a shipping address, and I will get that board in the mail.

Chris Nearchos
02-18-2009, 12:21 AM
I can send you a working Tribal board. If you make some, I will bring it up to the guys on TOG (Tribal Online Group), and try to get their interest piqued... Send me a shipping address, and I will get that board in the mail.

Pm coming your way. and any out reach to these markers forum sites will only greatly help the whole project.

I just want to make sure that its known that i would be keeping the original board and will have the new board out the original owner in a (4 weeks to at max 4 months time frame)

-Chris

Rudz
02-18-2009, 12:28 AM
ill call paul and link him

Ratt
02-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Pm coming your way. and any out reach to these markers forum sites will only greatly help the whole project.

I just want to make sure that its known that i would be keeping the original board and will have the new board out the original owner in a (4 weeks to at max 4 months time frame)

-Chris

I will start a thread at TOG with a link to this post.

MANN
02-18-2009, 12:39 AM
is there any reason to not use a utb board in these generic markers?

Rudz
02-18-2009, 12:55 AM
lorneash will weigh in later this evening, but as im trying to understand, will you be using new boards in these markers, or simply adding a chip with new software to the board?

hitech
02-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Let me know if you want to try the Fokus. I can send you just the board or the whole frame if you want (I'm not using using it on anything).

tbaggin
02-18-2009, 02:12 AM
i have stock DM5/4 board and a UL frame board i can send you to gunnea pig on

LorneCash
02-18-2009, 02:37 AM

What Atmel chip is it that you have "in stock"? I don't see a problem modifying xmod to work with any other marker the only thing that would take some work would be to convert the LCD screen code over to blinking light code, but that can't be too bad. I was looking into that at one time for another company... Racegun. I was gonna write software for them but the deal fell through I think do to financing on their part.

02-18-2009, 10:21 AM
I have a GZ Intimidator SOB board that I can send you.
Its the same size as a 2k2 board, so there might be some interest in them.

Dend78
02-18-2009, 10:44 AM
I got a nice promaster that would be freakin stellar with Xmod on it :eek:

one thing i got to thinking though how would hyper mode work :ninja:

i mean the mechanics of it dont seem right to me :tard:

Chris Nearchos
02-18-2009, 01:37 PM
ill call paul and link him

thanks for giving him a heads up for me.

I will start a thread at TOG with a link to this post.

do that, spread the word on the project.

is there any reason to not use a utb board in these generic markers?

After dealing with the UTB on me and P8nts new Emag board, i have come to the conclusion that that board is meant for a last effort if all possible. the UTB is a really nice boardand size, but it does take some getting use to and a "few" other things. But the Xmod programming is very simple for people to use and learn. plus it will give a chance for people to get more out of their programmers and maybe even start a few into writing new code to use on Electric markers.

lorneash will weigh in later this evening, but as im trying to understand, will you be using new boards in these markers, or simply adding a chip with new software to the board?

These will be brand new boards. NO modding of stock/aftermarket boards. I will be building these boards as i have with the new emag board....using military grade PCB's and high end universal componets (which most are military grade).

Let me know if you want to try the Fokus. I can send you just the board or the whole frame if you want (I'm not using using it on anything).

I would be more then willing to do the Fokus board. and yes, if you have a stock frame that is just sitting around that would be great. But i just dont want anyone ripping there good marker for these projects. only if be willing to send the items if they are broken/no good/ or non used spare parts.

PM if you are still wanting to send that my way.

that would be great to do also. just see my comment above on any frames/boards being sent in. and if it fits the bill....then pm and lets see what we can do to make that board come to life.

What Atmel chip is it that you have "in stock"? I don't see a problem modifying xmod to work with any other marker the only thing that would take some work would be to convert the LCD screen code over to blinking light code, but that can't be too bad. I was looking into that at one time for another company... Racegun. I was gonna write software for them but the deal fell through I think do to financing on their part.

The atmel chip being used on the stock AGD boards. I can make a switch to a bigger chip if you want to go that route. but i think your programming is well done as is and really doesnt need any change....unless there is stuff you want to change. so just let me know your thoughts on that and i will let you know what i can do to make it happen.

and one thing i want to really stick with is the LCD screen.....no blinking LED. thats one thing that i truly love about the AGD board and xmod programming. anyone can read/understand what its doing and no memorization of blinking LEDs required. So anyone can use the board.....even the truly anti tech people. I know that is going to require new grips (GRIPS not frames!) to make happen for some guns. but that is the price thats going to be needed for this to happen. And i can either make plugs to fill any LED holes .....BUT i would rather convert it to being a power LED in its place instead of a programming LED.

as for what you require financially on this project.....just let me know. I think the best thing for both of us is to give you a certian $$ amount per board sold AND allow you to still be the only real supplier for the programmers. But let me know what you have in mind that would work for you if my idea doesn't. btw, their is a new programmer that will work perfectly and will not need anymore headachs with dealing from germany.

i dont know what all you have as far as crimppers. but i will be making a change in connection plugs and use on all my boards the "JST" style that P8ntbal4me uses for his UTB setups and for our Emag board. So if you dont have the crimpper for those (to make the programmer board to marker board harness), I highly suggest to use P8ntbal4me to make those.

Finally, i just want to say thank you very much for willing to work on this with me. i know how busy you are and that we didnt hit the right foot on the start awhile back. but lets forget about that and make some magic happen with your awsome programming.

I have a GZ Intimidator SOB board that I can send you.
Its the same size as a 2k2 board, so there might be some interest in them.

as long as its a spare or dead board i will be more then happy to undertake that board. Pm me if the board fits the bill of my requirment and lets see what we can do with it.

I got a nice promaster that would be freakin stellar with Xmod on it :eek:

one thing i got to thinking though how would hyper mode work :ninja:

i mean the mechanics of it dont seem right to me :tard:

i would be more then willing to do a board for that marker as well. but as for the "hyper mode", i am not exactly sure how a promaster is set up so i have to ask. is there a special switch/setting on the marker for the hardware to work in a "hyper mode"? or are you talking about "hyper mode" from the Emag?

Lastly, i apologize for the long post. but i want to try and answer all the questions in one post. if there are any questions or concerns about what i am trying to do, please feel free to post up and i will answer back on it/them asap.

Thanks for all your help guys,
-Chris

Chris Nearchos
02-18-2009, 01:43 PM
almost forgot, but one big thing i will be doing with all these boards i will be making is sitting the main chip into a "cradel" setup...NOT soldered to the board. This will allow any fried chip to be easily replaced very cheap and you wont have to send the board in for repairs or have to get a whole new board.

Also, as with my emag board....these boards will be set up to work with both a reflective eye or break beam eye setup. this way you can test both ways on your marker and do a setup the way you want. SO if you dont want to mill and put eye covers all over your body....you can get away with a hidden eye (if possible) or using just one eye cover!

-Chris

BigEvil
02-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Chris,

When is the last time you slept? :D

Ratt
02-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Question...take my Tribal board, for instance. There is no LCD/LED display on a stock frame. Will the new boards have a display? If so, and since the old stock board has no buttons, how do you plan on allowing the user to cycle thru modes, set the dwell, etc...? Just curious...

Chris Nearchos
02-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Chris,

When is the last time you slept? :D

lol, that is the second (if not third time) you have asked me that. And as always, i will respond with, "what in the world is this thing you call sleep?". "I know of no such thing".

btw, while i got your attention. I dont have a donor yet for the hyperframe board. Would you like to donate the bad hyperframe board i still have of yours for the good cause?

-Chris

Chris Nearchos
02-18-2009, 02:23 PM
Question...take my Tribal board, for instance. There is no LCD/LED display on a stock frame. Will the new boards have a display? If so, and since the old stock board has no buttons, how do you plan on allowing the user to cycle thru modes, set the dwell, etc...? Just curious...

for markers that already have buttons and switchs....i will as hard as possible make them continue their purpose. but might require a simple change of switch though.

but as for the markers with no current switches (like ones that change programming/setting via the trigger), i have this to say:

Well that is a good question and i have been putting a bit of thought into that. It will come down to each marker for the answer. But in general it will come down to the two following options. (which i will leave up to each buyer to choose)

1) plot two buttons on the main board and just simply drill two holes in the back of the frame (like the emag). This is something i can easliy do for anyone if you cant drill them on your own.

OR if you dont want to drill the frame

2) have two "floating" buttons that you can attach how ever you want to the grips. Cause i know there will be those people out there that dont want the frame changed at all and would be more willing to drill cheap grips to mount the buttons.

-Chris

BigEvil
02-18-2009, 02:24 PM
lol, that is the second (if not third time) you have asked me that. And as always, i will respond with, "what in the world is this thing you call sleep?". "I know of no such thing".

btw, while i got your attention. I dont have a donor yet for the hyperframe board. Would you like to donate the bad hyperframe board i still have of yours for the good cause?

-Chris

Sure, knock yourself out. :)

Chris Nearchos
02-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Sure, knock yourself out. :)

Alright cool. added you to the list.

List on first post has been updated to show what and by who has been donated is has been taken care of so far. so if you have something not on that list yet, please feel free to offer up.

-Chris

fsrxc1
02-18-2009, 04:58 PM
How about a Viking board...i got a crappy ole pandora floating around Destructive Customs somewhere :)

Chris Nearchos
02-18-2009, 07:52 PM
How about a Viking board...i got a crappy ole pandora floating around Destructive Customs somewhere :)

works for me since no one else has spoken of donating a viking board yet. Pm heading your way.

-Chris

MANN
02-18-2009, 08:00 PM
vikings dont have LED screeens.... at least most of them.

Chris Nearchos
02-18-2009, 08:30 PM
vikings dont have LED screeens.... at least most of them.

well, like i said earlier in this thread. I know some markers out there have no screen. they either use a LED or nothing at all. So most will (i think would be easiest) require a new set of grips that have a window. OR could just install a window in current grips (easy to do). OR use clear/see through grips.

so that isnt a problem. And i am deffintly making sure that the boards require no extra milling for anything to fit and work. maybe just the two programing buttons at max....but not the screen.

but to answer directly for the viking....i know it sits in a tray above the frame. So, if you take a look, you will see a "programming port" cover. This is where the Display will sit and show out. Easy as that. of course i will offer very nice plugs to fill the screw holes .....or may just make use of them by using that to put a clear cover over the screen.

-Chris

MANN
02-18-2009, 08:38 PM
If you make a viking board that has a led screen. count me in. That is IMO the only way electronics should work. I hate counting blinking lights. I will try to find you a fried board.

Chris Nearchos
02-19-2009, 08:33 AM
That is IMO the only way electronics should work. I hate counting blinking lights.

That is my thoughts exactly. which is one of the reasons for the change in brains on my boards.

-Chris

p8ntbal4me
02-19-2009, 09:57 AM
The AMTEL chip the AGD E-Mag board uses is outdated.

Might want to look into the other ones Paul listed as a replacement.

XMOD was limited ONLY by the amount of memory Paul had to work with.

Had AGD used a chip with more memory,.. XMOD would have been much more "bells and whistles" :D

~ P8nt

Chris Nearchos
02-19-2009, 10:07 AM
The AMTEL chip the AGD E-Mag board uses is outdated.

Might want to look into the other ones Paul listed as a replacement.

XMOD was limited ONLY by the amount of memory Paul had to work with.

Had AGD used a chip with more memory,.. XMOD would have been much more "bells and whistles" :D

~ P8nt

thats true. but its something i am leaving up to paul to decide if he would like to make the jump to a new chip or not. it honestly isnt a problem if he wants to or not. just as long as he is willing to make any changes if need be for a new chip.

-Chris

fsrxc1
02-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Chris did you get my PM...also i need to talk to you, i may have an interesting proposition for you

Chris Nearchos
02-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Chris did you get my PM...also i need to talk to you, i may have an interesting proposition for you

i dont think so. send it again if you can. and i am all ears.

-Chris

Swamp Thing
02-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Has anyone donated a board for a Tippman X7

I have a standard one that I can give you.

I hate haveing to do everyting on colored blinking lights.

I guess the grip could have a window in it but by the time the battery goes in there is not alot of space.

Swamp

Chris Nearchos
02-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Has anyone donated a board for a Tippman X7

I have a standard one that I can give you.

I hate haveing to do everyting on colored blinking lights.

I guess the grip could have a window in it but by the time the battery goes in there is not alot of space.

Swamp

oh, there is always space for a screen. trust me.

but nope, no one has offered a X7 board yet. so if you are willing to still offer it, send a pm my way and i will get you my mailing address.

-Chris

fsrxc1
02-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Pm'd you chris

Chris Nearchos
02-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Pm'd you chris

got it this time and right back to you.

-Chris

Chris Nearchos
02-20-2009, 12:36 AM
just posting that i have updated the list of current donors and what boards are covered so far.

So if you have a board you are willing to donate to this project (and get a free new board in return), post or PM.

A big thanks to all that have helped with this project so far!

-Chris

LorneCash
02-23-2009, 12:53 PM
The chip to use in the Atmel ATtiny861, more specifically the ATtiny861 32M1-A.
there are several reasons for this:

1. Every I/O pin is also an interrupt
This is a MAJOR advantage over the AT90S2313 (current chip used in E/X Mags)
because the chip can then be put in sleep mode after every shot and anything I
want will "wake it up"
2. The 32M1-A is a super small 5x5x1mm design
This gives the board designer more space for other components (like LCD displays)
on cramped boards rather than being forced to use blinking lights
3. It has 2 Analog Comparitors
This is probably the most important of all the features but it needs to be taken
into account by the board designer. The analog comparitors need to be used for
2 things the low battery (current use in stock AGD boards) and MUCH MUCH more
importantly the ACE.

Let me explain # 3:
There is this major move in the paintball industry toward Break Beam Eyes (BBE) rather than Reflective Eyes (RE) as used in the XMAG and several other guns. The move is based on the repeated mistakes of board designers and board software programmers. The next part you may not believe but work with me... An RE can be just as good/reliable as BBE, and there are several advantages to RE over BBE. The advantages is that there is one eye to keep clean, less wires and less components, no eye covers (like the xmag). The requirement for a reflective eye to work properly is that it must be an Analog input rather than a digital input (hence the need for tha analog comparitor). And it must be programmed correctly to funciton not as a simple yes/no (0/1) digital input but a 0-255 analog input that way even if the ball is a dull black it will most likely have a nonzero value. then it's just a matter of coding some fuzzy logic and testing it to make sure it works in all situations.

My thoughts on the XMAG:
This probably with the XMAG isn't entirely an oversight AGD's side. When their board was first released it didn't have an eye. While not having an eye it makes logical sense to use the analog camparitor for the low battery alert. However when the wanted to add the ACE board, I believe they realized the problem and chose to use add the ability to adjust the eye (potentiometer or POT) rather than redesign the board and use a different chip.

jade_monkey07
02-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Hey chris! As we all know you are the man lol I'm looking at finding a stock board for the DP thresholds. since it was a limited run marker there really hasnt been anything in the way of upgrades for it, besides the APE board that sucks lol. I would love to help you bring this to the dp crowd and i have already posted on PBN to see if anyone can help me get a stock board. once i find out more i will email you pictures inside the frame and send the board out. Id also like to discuss changing some things on it aswell.

Thanks!

jade_monkey07
02-23-2009, 07:27 PM
I'v got a question for LorneCash. Would it be alot of trouble to add in a FSDO(First shot drop off) option into the programming? I am sending a Threshold board to Chris. on the stock board if the marker sits for 30 seconds the dwell is automatically upped to 16 ms for the first shot only then it goes back to what you had it set to for the rest. Is this possible?

LorneCash
02-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Sure it's possible but the software doesn't have any FSDO programming now as this is only a problem with pneumatic (leaking) solenoids and the XMAG uses a electronic solenoid.

Chris Nearchos
02-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Sure it's possible but the software doesn't have any FSDO programming now as this is only a problem with pneumatic (leaking) solenoids and the XMAG uses a electronic solenoid.

trying to get intouch with you on this LorneCash with my information as you requested. but your PM box is filled.

-Chris

fsrxc1
02-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Chris did you get the package?

tbaggin
02-24-2009, 09:07 PM
chris, boards going out to you this week

dan

LorneCash
02-24-2009, 09:39 PM
I got an idea for you chris... If you look at the tadao boards they are so simple compared to AGD's... in designing the board woud it be possible to use a watch battery to run the board and use the main battery only to energize the solenoid? For Air solenoids this would be unnecessary but for electronic solenoids like E/X Mags there are several advantages to this... such as the that the microcontroller would not brown out every time the trigger was pulled and that the 5V wire could be eliminated leaving only 2 wires from the ACE board 18V and ACE. Although the battery is large component I would think if would be fairly simple to do if it will fit. I dont' know maybe now but I would think it's somethign to consider.

custar
02-24-2009, 09:56 PM
I have a Rainmaker I can send along with the board if you want to test it in the marker. I also have a WAS-boarded Egrip on an A5. Interested?

custar

UThomas
02-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Would love to see Centerflag Uprising frames for cockers added to the list - though they do have lots of other boards out there for their Eframes.

Chris Nearchos
02-25-2009, 07:39 AM
Chris did you get the package?

I d believe so. least i got one frame/board in yesterday (but i just opened it...just to make sure it arrived safely). let me get back t you with the details when i look at it today.

chris, boards going out to you this week

dan

alright, sunds great. will let you know when i get it in.

I got an idea for you chris... If you look at the tadao boards they are so simple compared to AGD's... in designing the board woud it be possible to use a watch battery to run the board and use the main battery only to energize the solenoid? For Air solenoids this would be unnecessary but for electronic solenoids like E/X Mags there are several advantages to this... such as the that the microcontroller would not brown out every time the trigger was pulled and that the 5V wire could be eliminated leaving only 2 wires from the ACE board 18V and ACE. Although the battery is large component I would think if would be fairly simple to do if it will fit. I dont' know maybe now but I would think it's somethign to consider.

wow, get out of my head. I was already thinking of that for the Emag board i designed and made. but then i ran into issues with prgramming not liking the low voltage and not to forget the power needed for the eye systems and trigger. but those are easy work arounds
(which i already have planned a fix for) as long as you can do the needed change to the programming.

PM coming your way also.

I have a Rainmaker I can send along with the board if you want to test it in the marker. I also have a WAS-boarded Egrip on an A5. Interested?

custar

a rainmaker would be wonderful to get ahld of whole if possible. only because i want to see if the elctronics can take a full overhaul if possible (with your permission). so if you can send the hole thing with the board that would be GREAT. that would be one of the only markers i would do an asseption for with my "board requirments". just as long as you arent using the marker and i can keep ahold of the original board. of course any upgrades (along with first new board for that marker) will be give back free for helping the project.

as for the A5, only need the board for that one. but deffintly would be interested in doing that one too. Just as long as the board fits my bill of requirements. So if you still want to offer the rainmaker and the Egrip board to the cause, shoot me a pm and i will give yu all the details.

Would love to see Centerflag Uprising frames for cockers added to the list - though they do have lots of other boards out there for their Eframes.

If anyone can get me a board for those frames, i will be more then glade to add it to the list. I do have a race frame board heading my way, but i do believe the CF frame is setup very different. So i would need a board from one of those frames in order to do it.

-Chris

splatterbrain
02-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Chris, I pm'ed ya.

Sumthinwicked
02-27-2009, 07:36 PM
i might be able to get a 03 shocker board and a mini board ill keep u updated

custar
02-28-2009, 03:14 AM
I tried to send a PM, but your inbox is full. I can send the whole A5 if that would help. I will definitely send the whole Rainmaker. Where do I send them?

custar

Chris Nearchos
02-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Chris, I pm'ed ya.

PM coming back your way.

i might be able to get a 03 shocker board and a mini board ill keep u updated

do deffintly keep me posted. would love to see what i can do with them.

I tried to send a PM, but your inbox is full. I can send the whole A5 if that would help. I will definitely send the whole Rainmaker. Where do I send them?

custar

Sorry about that. PM box has been cleaned out though. as for the A5, only need the board with that one. the only reason i request the whole rainmaker is because of how the electronics is integrated in it. and i am sure i can greatly update the electronic setup in it.

-Chris

BigEvil
02-28-2009, 02:41 PM
So let me ask you boys something..

What would it take to design and produce and honest to goodness brand new replacement board for the emag? I mean the real deal. LCD or OLED screen, upgraded chip, and having it professionally made.

Chris Nearchos
02-28-2009, 06:18 PM
What would it take to design and produce and honest to goodness brand new replacement board for the emag?

Thats whats being done right now with me and p8ntbal4me. unfortantly its been lost in the mail by usps and another one is being sent out first thing monday morning. so you should see it up for sale wendsday or friday.

I mean the real deal. LCD or OLED screen, upgraded chip, and having it professionally made.

going LCD or OLED would be too expensive for most people. upgrade chip will be with all my boards and will be made such that the chip can be replaced later down the road if ever wanted (i.e. to replace a fried chip or to upgrade the chip) just like the old DM boards did.

basicly if the "brains" of my boards ever need to be replaced or upgrade, I have made/designed the boards best as possible to accept any and all new brains very easily. I.E. just "pop" out the old brain and "pop" the new one in.

as for professionally made, every step is being made on all my boards to make it top notch professionally made. as soon as I replace the funds i had to use to replace all the prooducts of mine that were lost in the mail, i will be picking up a new CNC setup and will have perfect boards made from there on. along with many more new goodies.

-Chris

Sumthinwicked
03-02-2009, 04:13 PM
np ill let u know asap

Chris Nearchos
03-10-2009, 05:11 PM
I recieved a board in the other day and can not put a AO screen name or marker to it.

so would a EDITED OUT please step forth and shoot me a pm and let me know what marker this board is for.

-Chris

jade_monkey07
04-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Any progress made lately? dont care if its mine, just curious to see some of these other oldskool markers running with better software!

Chris Nearchos
04-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Any progress made lately? dont care if its mine, just curious to see some of these other oldskool markers running with better software!

13 new boards have been designed up (finished). production of boards wont start till i finish getting the new cnc in to make them and after i have the rest of the original marker boards i have in stock designed.

-Chris

jade_monkey07
04-07-2009, 10:11 PM
busy boy lol thanks for the update Chris!
13 new boards have been designed up (finished). production of boards wont start till i finish getting the new cnc in to make them and after i have the rest of the original marker boards i have in stock designed.

-Chris

Arstron
04-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Sorry I havnt been keeping up with threads on here like I used to. I have a couple stock boards laying around for the dangerous power fusion if you need one of them.

Chris Nearchos
04-09-2009, 06:14 AM
busy boy lol thanks for the update Chris!

busy isnt the word. between finishing up a month of AO work, college, getting ready to turn in all my big projects and finals, working on the X-mod boards, working on my car, and everyday stuff......there is only so much one can get done in 24 hours.

i would really love to have been a good bit further along with this.....but between not enough time and waiting on the cnc.....i am kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. which really sucks cause there are a good many things ready to be turned out on it that people have been waiting on forever. but till then, i cant do anything.

-Chris

jade_monkey07
04-09-2009, 09:13 AM
all good things come to those who wait :) dont stresss buddy were behind you on this.
busy isnt the word. between finishing up a month of AO work, college, getting ready to turn in all my big projects and finals, working on the X-mod boards, working on my car, and everyday stuff......there is only so much one can get done in 24 hours.

i would really love to have been a good bit further along with this.....but between not enough time and waiting on the cnc.....i am kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. which really sucks cause there are a good many things ready to be turned out on it that people have been waiting on forever. but till then, i cant do anything.

-Chris

Chris Nearchos
04-17-2009, 01:55 PM
all good things come to those who wait :) dont stresss buddy were behind you on this.

Well, to give a much great happy update. (cause good things do come to those who wait)

After a GREAT help from AO's very own Dend78, I will be all set up in 2 weeks to get things moving. So, in three weeks, everyone will get to see the fruits of all this come to life and get new boards.

So, be on your toes looking forward to all the new great things coming.

-Chris

Dend78
04-17-2009, 03:01 PM
After a GREAT help from AO's very own Dend78

HEY!!! I KNOW HIM :dance: :dance: :dance: ...oh wait :spit_take

jade_monkey07
04-17-2009, 10:48 PM
awesome! Thanks for the update. and thanks dend, not sure what you did but it must have been good :)

Chris Nearchos
04-17-2009, 11:19 PM
awesome! Thanks for the update. and thanks dend, not sure what you did but it must have been good :)

everyone should really be thanking him that will be buying any of the stuff that was made possible by him. he deffintly went out of this world with helping to get everything going. but I deffintly will be repaying him back big time for his great help.

-Chris

Dend78
04-19-2009, 08:22 PM
hey you are the brains of the operation man i just did what lil bit i could

:cheers:

jade_monkey07
04-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Oh chris when things are all ready to go let me know i wont be at the same address by then. moving on the 1st

Chris Nearchos
04-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Oh chris when things are all ready to go let me know i wont be at the same address by then. moving on the 1st

no worries. Already made sure that before i ship anything back to double check all the address for any updates and so forth. So you are good to go.

-Chris

Chris Nearchos
05-04-2009, 08:41 PM
just popping in to give a much desired update. got back today and found my new cnc waiting on my back deck just for me!

well i have gotten it all unpacked and ran into one small problem. i have no 220 volt plugs to use atm. so i will be making a trip to lowes asap so i can get the breaker and new wiring to power this beast. and i though i had everything ready to go....bummer.

-Chris

jade_monkey07
05-10-2009, 02:14 PM
:clap:

_Breaker_
07-16-2009, 09:00 AM
so how's all this progressing?

jade_monkey07
07-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Ha funny how life hits ya, I'd almost forgetten about this and paintball in general, few new girls in my life, and spending weeks at a time hiking in the rockies. when im out there nothing but the next hill crest means jack **** to me. cant get enough of that feeling.

Chris Nearchos
07-17-2009, 12:45 AM
well the update on this project is good and bad.

i have everything setup and ready to go for getting the first production board out to pual for x-mod testing. All the desiging and general testing has been done.

BUT i did run into one serious problem. The laptop that had all of my board design files, cnc files, and that also controlled my cnc took a hit during a lighting storm. the power supply died, the mother board fried, and the harddrive was killed.

I currently have the harddrive out at a high tech place to recover the info from the disk. So i should have it back by the end of next week and i will be back in business.

so to anyone reading this please please please take one thing from this. ALWAY ALWAYS ALWAYS use a surge protector with all electronics. or you will regret it.

-Chris

TwilightG
07-17-2009, 05:25 AM
so to anyone reading this please please please take one thing from this. ALWAY ALWAYS ALWAYS use a surge protector with all electronics. or you will regret it.

I work for these guys: American Power Conversion (http://www.apc.com/index.cfm?ISOCountryCode=US)

Need anything? ;)

Good luck on the hd recovery :(