PDA

View Full Version : New Noob To The Mags

trugz
02-17-2009, 07:24 PM
I got this minimag from a second hand store in my town and it leaks from the back part of it, where the regulator meet the air valve. Do you think if I buy the part kits and replace all the o-ring that might fix my problem. Also the velocity seems to be really high, it was chopping balls like it was nothing. Sorry if this questions are dumb, I am more of an X7 kind of guy but after this find, I decided to go old school for a bit.

Spider-TW
02-17-2009, 07:36 PM
You might just be able to turn down the velocity. The reg has a relief valve in it that may be working correctly. :)

If that is the problem, I would guess the adjuster needs to be unscrewed between a half and a full turn. That would at least lower your velocity.

There is also an upgraded feed plug for the power feed. The old ones had flats on them and one of every few balls would be lazy dropping into the breach. There's a thread around here with a picture that I will find later if you can't.

Add oil.

:cheers:

Looper
02-17-2009, 07:43 PM
I got this minimag from a second hand store in my town and it leaks from the back part of it, where the regulator meet the air valve. Do you think if I buy the part kits and replace all the o-ring that might fix my problem. Also the velocity seems to be really high, it was chopping balls like it was nothing. Sorry if this questions are dumb, I am more of an X7 kind of guy but after this find, I decided to go old school for a bit.First, let me start by saying welcome...

Now that that is over lets get down to business, Go HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vehPc7vuK20) and watch all 9 parts. Once you have accomplished that you will be able to answer your own questions ;)

but all kidding aside, it sounds like you've got a regulator piston o-ring that has failed or the regulator seat. Yes a parts kit should fix all your issues and if it doesn't the good folks here on AO will help.

For reference to the parts...
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf

Oh and that X7 of yours... you might as well sell it cause it's gonna get awfully dusty in the closet from lack of use. :D

trugz
02-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Looper,

You are DA MAN! I love that pdf file. That is exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate it. I will be ordering the part kits as soon as my wife calms down, since I just added another marker to the collection, lol! As soon as I finish repairing it, I will post. Thanks man.

Spider-TW
02-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh and that X7 of yours... you might as well sell it cause it's gonna get awfully dusty in the closet from lack of use. :D

Sounds like he needs to keep it as 'trade stock' for the wife. "It's not a new marker really, I just traded my X7 for this E-Tac." :p

One other great thing about mags is that you can smuggle them into the house one part at a time. :ninja:

The mag maintenance videos are on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vehPc7vuK20) also.

trugz
02-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I took a look at them and I have to say, I wish more companies would do something like that. Itwas very informative. I almost feel as if someone downloaded it straight to my brain.

Looper
02-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Sounds like he needs to keep it as 'trade stock' for the wife. "It's not a new marker really, I just traded my X7 for this E-Tac." :p

One other great thing about mags is that you can smuggle them into the house one part at a time. :ninja:

The mag maintenance videos are on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vehPc7vuK20) also.
OMG... :eek: if my wife knew how many markers I had... she would crap...

I keep them disassembled in my office so it looks like I have a bunch of misc parts... I got four ULE Emag frames sitting on my desk right now and pile of misc rails. Then, hiding in all the clutter is a PTP EMicro, ETac, XMag Euro, XMag CNC, and an EKrata... and those are just the electros... :tard:

outreach
02-18-2009, 06:45 PM
yay for owning to many markers, i have markers every where i didn't even know i had half of them

TeamBob
02-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Loopers, u think she would notich if u sold ur gun andwere suddenly able to buy a new car out of ''extra'' cash? lol

secretweaponevan
02-18-2009, 11:38 PM
OMG... :eek: if my wife knew how many markers I had... she would crap...

I keep them disassembled in my office so it looks like I have a bunch of misc parts... I got four ULE Emag frames sitting on my desk right now and pile of misc rails. Then, hiding in all the clutter is a PTP EMicro, ETac, XMag Euro, XMag CNC, and an EKrata... and those are just the electros... :tard:

Where, EXACTLY, in Maine is your office, and when are you usually away? :ninja:

trugz
02-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Laidies and Gentleman,

I unveil from the darkness of my garage, something never witnessed by human eyes. My Minimag is restored to factory condition. I received the part kits today in the mail and five minutes later I was working on it. I finished replacing every o-ring I could find, oiled and put it back together. Took it outside to do some snap shooting and HOLY CRAP! This thing is more accurate than my X7 but at the same time, very loud! I am very impressed with it. I did snap shooting at 5, 10, 15 and 20 yds and it hit dead on where I wanted to hit. And this is with two months old paint. I cannot wait to put some fresh paint through it. I have to say, it is better than my x7 at snap shooting, well see how it performs in the field.

Spider-TW
02-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Laidies and Gentleman,

I unveil from the darkness of my garage, something never witnessed by human eyes. My Minimag is restored to factory condition. I received the part kits today in the mail and five minutes later I was working on it. I finished replacing every o-ring I could find, oiled and put it back together. Took it outside to do some snap shooting and HOLY CRAP! This thing is more accurate than my X7 but at the same time, very loud! I am very impressed with it. I did snap shooting at 5, 10, 15 and 20 yds and it hit dead on where I wanted to hit. And this is with two months old paint. I cannot wait to put some fresh paint through it. I have to say, it is better than my x7 at snap shooting, well see how it performs in the field.
That factory minimag barrel is loud, but at least there's no ports to hold paint. A longer barrel helps the sound a lot (less). You could just go with it and get a loudner. :D

trugz
02-26-2009, 08:09 PM
That factory minimag barrel is loud, but at least there's no ports to hold paint. A longer barrel helps the sound a lot (less). You could just go with it and get a loudner. :D

What's a loudner?

Spider-TW
02-26-2009, 08:16 PM
What's a loudner?
Just what you might think. Here's Noxx's (http://www.shop.noxx55customs.com/product.sc?categoryId=4&productId=3) .

Like a bugle end, and the opposite of porting.

trugz
02-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Hahahaha, (laughing maniatically) You have given me a really nasty idea. This can be a noob's nightmare...hihihihihihihi! I think I am gonna get one.

Spider-TW
02-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Hahahaha, (laughing maniatically) You have given me a really nasty idea. This can be a noob's nightmare...hihihihihihihi! I think I am gonna get one.
Especially from inside of a structure.

XM15
02-26-2009, 09:52 PM
My teammates and I use to run minimags with shorty armson riffled barrels. Those things sounded like 22 riffles.

trugz
02-27-2009, 06:14 AM
Did it affected the accuracy?