PDA

View Full Version : dallara pump mag issue... jay, help!

dark blade
02-18-2009, 04:06 PM
i have a Cerberus inovation pump kit on my dallara rail and body... the only problem is that the whole to mount the pump handle is a tad more foreward than on the normal am/mm rail so it creates a small gap in front of the rail. This is only a problem because i dont know if the pump rod will be able to reach the bolt and cock it now,

Someone please help me and let me know... i would hate to have to fix this by drilling new holes in the pump kit to make it fit properly (or worse... in the rail)

anyone else have a problem like this? anyone have any fixes they used?

Smoothice
02-18-2009, 04:28 PM
pics of the gap you are talking about would be great.

I wouldn't drill any new holes if I was you. You could just get a longer pump rod if needed. Have you tried it how it is?

dark blade
02-18-2009, 04:30 PM
i will have pics tonight... unfortunately i have not been able to try it because i have no air and am on a college campus... i will try it as soon as i get to a field or my house though

Smoothice
02-18-2009, 04:34 PM
I'd think you could try it without having air. Just listen for the click of the sear catching the bolt. And pulling the trigger would release the bolt.

Oh wait...

This is on a pneumag frame huh? Nevermind

dark blade
02-18-2009, 04:41 PM
It would be on a pneumag frame but the person who had it backed out and sold it to someone else so I have it on an RPG frame... but the other problem is that I haven't milled my pariah to fit yet because I just got it. And my rail isn't milled so I can't test that either

I was just hoping that someone else had this "problem" and could tell me if it works still or not

And then the other thing is that I saw a dallara that had it mounted flush against the front of the rail. Mine can't do that, were there 2 versions of the dallara? Or did he have to drill his own holes.

flyingpootang
02-18-2009, 05:33 PM
You can always make a new pump rod out of round stock or even a hanger...

dark blade
02-19-2009, 11:17 AM
heres the pics...

the first 2 are just to kinda show off what i got haha :) YAY PHOTOBUCKET... but i still need a pneu'd chimera frame with an rpg trigger if anyone has one they will trade for my rpg ulf plus some moneys and other things.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa149/minniman42/IMG_1315.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa149/minniman42/IMG_1321.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa149/minniman42/IMG_1318.jpg

but in the third picture you can surely see what i was talking about when i said there was a gap... its quite annoying to be truthful. I almost want to mount the pump kit right up against the front and mark off 2 holes for the RT style mount and then drill them out so that i can do 2 things... 1... mount using an RT style ASA (seeing as my 15* adapter is a flattop) and 2, fix the gap and make it a nice flush mount which fixes all problems with the rod and such.

lets see what people think though... i would be more than willing to send the pump piece to someone if they would drill it out for me. lets see what people think though before i do anything drastic.

(i really want to get rid of the gap)

AGDRetro
02-21-2009, 04:54 PM
I thought maybe it was the pump kit first, but when I compare my pump kit to yours (mine's genuine AGD) everything looks okay. It has to be the rail. I'd contact NiCad aka Collin at Deadlywind and see if he would be willing to help you out or at least take a look at your rail. He has always been easy to deal with for me... :D

Rudz
02-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Have ceberus make u a new post mount, I know a couple guys have had the same issue with there rails

PumpMag
02-21-2009, 11:59 PM
The Cerberus Innovations Pump Kits were designed for regular Automag rails, send a PM to Jay8541 since he is currently producing more kits, he may have to customize a new post mount for your Dallara rail.