PDA

View Full Version : Albany NY's New Paintball Park

Darthmag99
02-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Thank you, Tony Von Ronne. For Tony, as it was for many of us, it was a dream. The dream was to bring a top notch paintball park to the capital district. For a time, APE flourished. The field in Nassau NY was a place where players could go and have a good time. On any given Saturday or Sunday you could find players at the field. These players were enthusiastic, excited and hopeful for a great day of paintball. On many occasions Tony and APE were good for it. In late 2005, and through 2006, the field was the destination for capital district paintball players.
The dream had its speed bumps though, and Tony found himself struggling to keep the field operating in 2007 and 2008. Personal misfortune befell our good friend and player. This misfortune cost our good friend Tony the ability to keep the Nassau field running. So I would like to Thank Tony for all his efforts, and enthusiasm, even in the face of adversity for doing what he did, and keeping the dream alive.
So I would like to say goodbye to APE, and put that era to rest. To remind you all that our friend put himself into great personal debt to keep the field going despite the misfortune that befell him. Tony has advised me that he cannot open APE this season.

Hope remains…

So the time has come for someone else to carry on the dream of Capital District Scenario paintball. It is the time for the Nassau field to be brought back into the flourishing light that it was not so long ago. The Nassau field remains, cold, quiet and unused. Those days are coming to an end.

I have decided to pick up where Tony has left off. The Nassau field WILL reopen this year. The Nassau field where so many of us have played and become friends will not go unused for the 2009 season. I have decided to take the risk. I have attained the proper financing, and I will re open the Nassau field.
For legal reasons, The name Albany Paintball Emporium will not be attached to the re opening field, but the field will re open as ALBANY SCENARIO CLUB. The club format concept that Tony came up with, will come into play, but some changes have been made to the format. The new format will be as follows. Players will be able to become members of ASC for a membership fee. The fees will be as follows. Daily membership $25.00 this will include all day air. A Monthly Membership will be $45.00 also including air. A season Membership will be $150.00 and this will also include compressed air. Lastly a season VIP pass for $250.00 gets all season compressed air and a season campsite. (Limited spaces are available)
Now we all know that times are tough, and I feel your pain. With that in mind, with your paid membership, ASC will allow you to bring your own paint. That’s right, ASC is bringing back BYOP. As ASC moves forward, we want to keep the relationship with our other local paintball vendors, such as First Prize, High Energy and Hornets Nest on the up and up, so we will be allowing you to bring your paint from other fields. Use your old paint- I won’t mind…
As ASC gets going, you will notice field improvements, a more user friendly staging area, better parking, and increased scenario field space. These improvements will happen over time, with luck by mid season we will have all the major improvements done. The field will open on Saturdays, and Sundays, however, in keeping in good standing with our neighbor “EGOED” from High Energy Paintball, we will not open, on the Sundays that High Energy is having its Scenario events. We will encourage you to participate in Ed’s events by closing our gate on those 6 Sundays.
ASC will also not be opening a speedball field. Our good neighbors First Prize and HEP have speedball fields that they have invested a great deal of time and money into. Rather than compete with them, we will encourage speedball, X-ball, AXBL, and MXL players to patronize their fields. ASC will be dedicated to running scenario style events, and introducing new players to the sport.
Don’t worry everyone, I will rebuild some of those short fields, so you can get your speed on, but we won’t be a dedicated speedball facility.
As the season winds up, I will be inviting Dale, and Jesse from First Prize to come and be vendors at scenario events happening at ASC, along with Ed, from HEP and Bob from HN. I would hope that in this spirit of team work that all the fields will prosper.
Some quick notes, ASC will not be carrying CO2 at the field. Compressed air tanks will be available for rent for those who use CO2, and outside CO2 will be allowed on site. Fill stations will not be allowed unless it’s by an official vendor.
As always the guiding nine rules will be in place at ASC, and I hope that you can all remember them. The field speed limit will be 280 FPS, and chronographs will be in place.
So I would like to ask you all for your support. In 2009 the field at Nassau will reopen, and we can make it the destination it was in its heyday. I would like to thank you all in advance for any support you can give. Support by either patronizing the club, helping out when you can, donating materials to help us in our improvements, or just showing up for a Saturday of paintball. Thanks!
Also due to his commitment to the sport of paintball, and the donations he has already made to the cause, I would like to give lifetime membership to Tony Von Ronne AKA “Lil Tony”. Tony if you have read this, thank you and I hope to see you on the field.

Jeff Neet, “Darth” - Owner, Operator Albany Scenario Club.

voodooballer
02-20-2009, 12:09 AM
We'll try and make a trip up to see ya jeff! :)

If needing help with something dont be afraid to ask us we'll try to do whatever we can.

Darthmag99
02-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks Wideguy, I hope to make it an experience!

Sueypaintballer
02-15-2010, 02:00 PM
reopening in 2010?
Hope so
Joe D

Dirge
02-16-2010, 05:05 PM
I hope so.

I just put the check in the mail for my season pass.