PDA

View Full Version : MPA-3 Question

afortuna
02-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Anyone have the length and width dimensions of the MPA-3? If possible, the length dimensions with the piston extended.

While we are on the topic, how far backward does the sear need to move to release the bolt?

Thank you guys for your help.

secretweaponevan
02-22-2009, 10:57 PM
All I got as I don't own one.

http://www.clippard.com/store/display_image.html?/images/products/draw/MPA-3.jpg

afortuna
02-24-2009, 01:50 AM
All I got as I don't own one.

http://www.clippard.com/store/display_image.html?/images/products/draw/MPA-3.jpg

Thanks Secret. I have that file already. I was more looking for the total length and width after it has been cut down. I'll just order one and find out I guess. Should be fun.

Spider-TW
02-24-2009, 10:20 AM
I never thought to measure one. The cut width is the inside width of the [intelli] frame and length is the dimension on the diagram minus about an 1/8 of an inch, just above the snap ring groove. The necessary stroke is pretty much what you see on the trigger rod at the back of the trigger.

Cyberave or pneumagger might know the dimensions, but since it is all hand fitted, the only thing you really can use is the width across the frame. The mounting position will be slightly affected by your choice of Luke's ram or Cyber's rivnut/screw.

afortuna
02-24-2009, 08:53 PM
I never thought to measure one. The cut width is the inside width of the [intelli] frame and length is the dimension on the diagram minus about an 1/8 of an inch, just above the snap ring groove. The necessary stroke is pretty much what you see on the trigger rod at the back of the trigger.

Cyberave or pneumagger might know the dimensions, but since it is all hand fitted, the only thing you really can use is the width across the frame. The mounting position will be slightly affected by your choice of Luke's ram or Cyber's rivnut/screw.

Basically, the width isn't going to be much of a factor for fitting into the IR3 frame. The length is the kicker right now. There isn't a lot of length available at the top of the frame. From opening to trigger plate, I only have 25mm. That 25mm is to fit the MPA-3, hosing, and sear plus sear travel distance. I may have to cut and change the trigger to give me some extra room, but there probably won't be all that much available. I'm looking at placing the sear as far back in the frame as possible and hoping I can shave off enough of the MPA-3 length to make it all work. Having said all this, I'm in travel status for work for the next two weeks, so I can't do diddly until I get back. :(