PDA

View Full Version : best regulator for price

sbikeclix
01-29-2002, 09:57 AM
i need a regulator for my autococker. but i only have 75$. so my choices are:
-macdev gladiator- it specicfically metions that ist not under warrantee though with co ore preset regs, which is what ill be using for a while-is this b/c they brak when you run that much pressure through them?
-WGP ergo reg
-Air america vigilante
or should i save up and buy a stabilizer or black ice or something like that? i will only use co2 on really warm dayswheere eliminating liqid is not a problem

FaSSt
01-29-2002, 10:48 AM
Well, I guess that it all boils down to money.

The Gladiator ($75) is a good regulator, but it's designed primarily for low-pressure guns, and it does not work with CO2 at all. These factors limit its versatility for what you dscribe.

The Vigilante ($50-55) is a mid-range reg, and not as consistent as some others.

If you are planning on ever using CO2, defenitely go with a Stabilizer. It's only a few bucks more than the Gladiator, and the Stabilizer works THE BEST BY FAR OF ALL REGS ON CO2.

If you are willing to only use HPA, and never use CO2, I would suggest an AKA Sidewinder ($83). This is an awesome reg - the max input pressure is something like 800psi, but this is a recommendation only, and I have seen guys use it successfully with preset tanks. This and the Max-Flow are the two best regs out there for HPA, in my opinion, but the Max-Flow is a lot more.

FeelTheRT
01-29-2002, 10:53 AM
Air America Unireg.

they are cheap, reliable, consistant, and good costomer care.

TheTramp
01-29-2002, 11:24 AM
I'd go with the Vigilante. You can get one on E-Bay for under $60. It isn't the best reg. out there but it also isn't $150.

lonsch
01-29-2002, 11:49 AM
i use a sidewinder on my angel and i love it. i have put 1000psi in to it and it still works fine. it also has a life time warrenty

Cliffio
01-29-2002, 01:54 PM
wdp mini reg

i love those things, and if warped puts them on the dark cocker, you might as well have one on yours

cobra paintball and various other places carry them

later
Cliff

sbikeclix
01-29-2002, 07:18 PM
i read on a post here that the wdps took like 10 secs to fully recharge...is this true?
where can i find a sidewinder for 83? they are the ones that interest me, akalmp seems to make some quality stuff (though ive only seen their bolts & valves)

FaSSt
01-29-2002, 08:32 PM
Sorry, Sidewinders are $84.50, not $83, at G3 Paintball. Still, that's a great price for a world-class reg:
http://www.g3pb.com/

No, it's not true that the stock WDP reg takes 10 seconds to recharge - that's ridiculous. It's actually supposed to be an OK reg.

Aren't Mags great, though? They already have a built-in reg.

Cliffio
01-29-2002, 09:55 PM
i believe that its more about the ram recharging every 10 seconds, somethin like that, but the gun makes up for it

i cant remember the exact way

lonsch
01-29-2002, 10:12 PM
no its the wdp reg. i was there when we tested it. trust me
and it was more than 10 seconds. tom made the window on the tester to go from 0 to 10 seconds and at the end of the graph it still wasnt at full pressure

Cliffio
01-29-2002, 10:14 PM
why are they put on cockers then>?
it doesnt have the same ram and stuff as the lcd

booyah
01-30-2002, 11:11 AM
My personal favorite reg in existance is the good ol Ergo.

I ran an ergo on my first cocker, my Mark II cocker, My piranha and now on my bushmaster.

A good high flow reg, consistant, tough as nails, comfy, short, works quite well on CO2, rebuildable, and if your getting one off a guy who had it on an STO and went with something else, CHEAP!

Really an excellent reg. I've used Palmers Stabilizers, Vigilantes, Pure Energys, WDP's, and most everything else (havent tried a sidewinder or glad though....) and the ergo is my favorite...

-Booyah