PDA

View Full Version : x valve problems :(

kyle n
02-19-2009, 03:38 PM
I just had got a high pressure reg to replace my low pressure reg, and I was adjusting the shims in my ult, and now after i pull the trigger air just rushes out. I tried to adjusting the ult over, and over, and over, and i would just have the same out come. Then i tried putting the regular trigger in it and air still rushes out.

one other thing that i noticed is that the little pin behind the trigger does not reset.

I have a big paintball game coming up, and i would really love the help

Dend78
02-19-2009, 03:45 PM
I just had got a high pressure reg to replace my low pressure reg, and I was adjusting the shims in my ult, and now after i pull the trigger air just rushes out. I tried to adjusting the ult over, and over, and over, and i would just have the same out come. Then i tried putting the regular trigger in it and air still rushes out.

I have a big paintball game coming up, and i would really love the help

sounds like your LVL10 just broke in, is it new? you may need to start swapping out carriers, or possibly an o-ring on the one you have gave out. i would say put the regular RT on/off in there and get the lvl10 tuned up so its not leaking then go back to the ULT.

kyle n
02-19-2009, 03:47 PM
ill look into that

rabidduck457
02-19-2009, 03:50 PM
I am having the same problem heh, was just about to search to forums

Dend78
02-19-2009, 03:53 PM
yeah if it was working fine then all of a sudden started leaking i would say thats your problem there, swap out carriers obviously getting smaller until it stops leaking. get the ult out cause its not easy to tune more than one thing at a time

if you need further help let us know

:cheers:

Spider-TW
02-19-2009, 04:43 PM
yeah if it was working fine then all of a sudden started leaking i would say thats your problem there, swap out carriers obviously getting smaller until it stops leaking. get the ult out cause its not easy to tune more than one thing at a time

if you need further help let us know

:cheers:
Yeah, one thing at a time if you can.

If the trigger rod is not returning, the bolt is probably not coming back (bolt stick) while the ULT has too many shims (gas to the valve without the sear reset). It may need a larger carrier.

You should be able to slide the carrier and oring combination back and forth on the bolt stem with your fingers easily, but you should just be able to suspend the bolt over your hand by holding the oring carrier with your other hand (bolt face down).

Make sure you have your rail bushing and that your sear moves freely while you're in there. :)

rabidduck457
02-19-2009, 05:36 PM
i have a regular xvalve on/off and it still seems like the pin won't reset. Any time I break down the marker I have to take the frame screw out because the pin is always too far down for the valve to come out. Would that still be the lvl 10 or something else?

Tunaman
02-19-2009, 07:48 PM
i have a regular xvalve on/off and it still seems like the pin won't reset. Any time I break down the marker I have to take the frame screw out because the pin is always too far down for the valve to come out. Would that still be the lvl 10 or something else?This will happen if your trigger rod is too short. Adjust it so you have some minimal clearance behind the trigger when gassed up. Make sure you are pulling the trigger fully when taking the valve out.

rabidduck457
02-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Lengthen the trigger rod, still leaks unless I pull the trigger back. What's the deal?

Tunaman
02-20-2009, 01:44 AM
smaller carrier

rabidduck457
02-20-2009, 02:40 AM
I have the smallest carrier in and it's still leaking. The size above it leaks too.

ezcreation
02-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Change the oring in the carrier. That happens to me once a while and these oring die pretty quick. Then reverse to original carrier for better airflow.