PDA

View Full Version : Just got the marker reannoed, issues...

Stayhuge
02-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Hi everyone. I just got my mag reannoed, and there were a few things that I noticed, and I am pretty sure that they are side effects of annodizing.

I am really just looking to see if there are any tips for correcting them:
1. I had a CP dovetail asa annoed. The CP asa for the tank leaks like crazy out of everywhere. The bleed hole, the screw where the tank screws into, and both the macro line fitting and plug. I think this is because I had it annoed once before, and the second time, with the amount of metal stripping it again took off, it was just too much. I anticipated this could be an issue. Just curious if there is a fix for this, or a way to salvage the asa.

2. I tightened down the body to the rail, and I noticed that the sear doesn't pivot loosely anymore. I think that the reanno of the rail took off a little, and now the sear is rubbing against the body. Is this a common issue, and is there a quick fix?

Other than that, Everything is great. Any advice or tips would be great. Thanks everyone!!!

:dance: :dance:

Dend78
02-19-2009, 05:15 PM
what are you using around your threads for the asa? teflon tape? quite a bit of that may help fill it in but i wouldnt swear to it. you could also not the best idea but fill the holes with jb weld and drill and retap.

as far as the sear you would need some shims of some sort to take up the extra

Ruler_Mark
02-19-2009, 05:33 PM
for the ASA dow 55 on the orings might help swell them so it seals.

Stayhuge
02-19-2009, 05:42 PM
I will give those a shot. Thankyou guys for the suggestions