PDA

View Full Version : low pressure mag

dorksquad
01-29-2002, 10:08 AM
ok here is the deal i am going to make a low pressure mag and before anybody starts hassleing me about anything ill tell you what i am going to do and what i need. first i need the foward part of the valve, the part with the power tube,if anybody has one i can get or if you know where i can get one (looking in agd's direction0 that would help me,the top secret procedure is that i am going to mill out a chunk of it(where the air chamber is, then i am going to make a small ss box and weld it on (thus increasing the volume of the air chamber)
i dont want any crap about how i shouldnt do it or get into the low/high pressure debate, i just want to see if i can do it. if it actually fires ok maybe agd can put it on their dyno and see if it is any good.

Hexis
01-29-2002, 10:23 AM
You do realize that by changing that you have to change the body as well? If you change the length of the valve the entire body has to change to match.

Oh, and AGD has low pressure prototypes, there are pics posted of em as very custom Jax Warriors EMags.

Paintchucker
01-29-2002, 10:46 AM
This would actually be a better post for the technical forum as that is what that forum is for, but it sounds like what you might be looking for is the older Smart Parts Black Box setup on a valve. It was their attempt at making a higher volume lower pressure system. If you could find one of those and then gut it, it might save you some development time.

dorksquad
01-29-2002, 11:09 AM
yea i was going to notch the body so it would fit with how the valve works i dont know how the smartparts thing would work (i heard that it doesnt)i just need to know where i can get this part, but ideas and criticism is welecome

TheTramp
01-29-2002, 11:21 AM
Post a thread in the classified forum. An AIR valve will probably cost you between $70 and $100. You should get several offers.

BTAutoMag
01-29-2002, 12:13 PM
funny that smart parts has already made one:D. its called a smart valve(of all things SMART parts could have named it) and it only lowers the pressure by about 50psi give or take. by the way i own one and im proud of it, and dont get it confused with the smart box(another obvious name) theyre the same thing except for the fact that the smart box take hella amounts of milling and drilling into your body and valve. hope this helps.

Army
01-29-2002, 01:51 PM
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but the Automag hits/fires the ball with way less than 60psi at the bolt face. Tom's on-going research is showing, that 'Mags may be the lowest low pressure guns of all!

..and BTW, don't ask him about it, there are no conclusions yet as the testing is still underway. He won't release his final analysis, until he finishes testing ALL guns. Heck, he hasn't even told US much more than that!

OldSchoolMag
01-29-2002, 05:17 PM
Hey, BT, you wouldn't happen to be slightly confused with the MAGIC Box by Smart Parts, would you? The "Smart" Box is a nickname, but not the real one held in the patent office. Of course, the rest, you were right about...

Official Info on the Magic Box:

WHAT THE MAGIC BOX DOES IS ADD SOME EXTRA SPACE TO THE MAG WHAT THIS DOES IS LOWER HE PRESSURE THAT THE GUN IS FIRING AT IN TURN THIS ALLOWS THE GUN TO BE A BIT GENTLER ON THE BALL AS IT IS FIRED RESULTING IN LESS BALL BREAKAGE AND LESS DISTORTION ON THE PAINTBALL WHEN IT IS FIRED THIS HELPS
WITH RANGE AND ACCURACY.

From Joe at Smart Parts, his words exactly, unedited, unplugged.

OSM

liigod
01-29-2002, 05:35 PM
THATS HELLA STUPID TO MAKE A LOW PRESSURE MAG DUDE!... haha just kidding. go for it i bet it will be cool.

dorksquad
01-29-2002, 06:14 PM
the reason i decided to do this is because i dont see how any bolt on part could change a mag's performance in this way. i have herd of the black box but thought it just bolted on or something to that effect, id still like to do this, the hardest part is getting this valve part

BTAutoMag
01-29-2002, 08:20 PM
old school- well every thing else is named "smart -insrt text here-" i wonder why they didnt do it there:D
dork squad- the samrt valve is not a bolt on part its an automag valve that they produce but they stopped makeing them and i think they are a little rare but its not a bolt on part... the magic box is the smart valve isnt.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
01-29-2002, 08:55 PM
wanna a lp mag...get the z-valve. Tell me how much difference you see =[

BTAutoMag
01-29-2002, 09:29 PM
the z-valve does not make your gun low pressure it just jerry riggs your mag to act like a retro mag.

Paintchucker
01-29-2002, 10:25 PM
I have a minimag that was a couple years old when I got it in late 1994. It was full SP camo splashed, had an AA barrel, bottomline duckbill, and a AirAmerica exp. chamber. It also had an 8 hole mod done to it. Was this the Smart Valve? I don't think it came from AGD like that...

The Z-valve is funcky. It is supposed to give you higher trigger recock pressure, but it didn't work at all on my mini. If you want one, I will make you a good deal on it!

dorksquad
01-30-2002, 08:28 AM
agggha no z valve no 8 hole mod or any other elf engineered products i just want the valve part with the powertube (ps i dont care what smart anything is)

nerobro
01-30-2002, 12:16 PM
Lower pressure is a BAD thing in a mag. it reduces the guns efficancy, increses the amount of air that's left in the valve chamber, and slows the gun recharge rate. If you're looking for a more efficant mag, you want to raise the pressure, not lower it.

If you want to be really gentle on paint, start talking about new powertube tips.