PDA

View Full Version : ELCD Probs

Turtlehumper2000
02-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Ok i just purchased an ELCD cause i havent seen an ELCD mag in awhile and im starting to see why. I have all the parts coming to complete this bad boy but i cant seemd to get the trigger to shoot. Its seems to me that the trigger is working fine the noid is cycling fine. The only thing im see is that the noid is punching the sear but it dosent seem like the sear is hitting with enuff force to actuate the valve. every 40 shots or so the valve will puff but thats it. Please Help! Also i have only tried it with my xvalve i havent used a classic valve so im about to do that.

MANN
02-21-2009, 12:02 PM
you need to use it with a ult. They do suck tho.

hostage
03-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Take out the on/off valve and look to see if a white teflon oring is in there and let me know.

Also, don't use cheap no-name batteries.

-Doron

Edit: I never had to use a ULE w/ all the e-lcd's I have used and I had mine working fine long before the ULE was invented. I think I have had about 3 or 4 of these.

p8ntbal4me
03-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Sounds like your dwell on the the board needs to be jacked up some.

They dont call it dwell on the board though,... its pulse length (same thing).

Your solenoid coil may be damaged or toast as well.

If that is the case,.. I can sell you a replacement solenoid brand new,.. but you must resolder the connections wif using the stock board.

Other choice would be to install a UTB as well.

Try what MANN said and use a ULT,.... that may be all you need before you start replacing electronics.

~ P8nt

PS: Boo-Yaah frames DO suck,... I have one and its a nightmare! :(

Turtlehumper2000
03-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Im using a powerex rechargable battery made for paintball guns. I have only tried to use the grip on my x valved mag with an RT on/off so that may be the problem. Im going to use it on my steampunk mag project im working on right now and i plan to use a classic valve on it so i will try messing with the dwell and if that dont work i got a X valve with a ULT laying around that i can throw on it but the guy that sold it to me said i will work fine with a classic.

hostage
03-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Im using a powerex rechargable battery made for paintball guns. I have only tried to use the grip on my x valved mag with an RT on/off so that may be the problem. Im going to use it on my steampunk mag project im working on right now and i plan to use a classic valve on it so i will try messing with the dwell and if that dont work i got a X valve with a ULT laying around that i can throw on it but the guy that sold it to me said i will work fine with a classic.

They were made for the classic 68 valve. When I spoke to them when they were still in business, they said it wouldn't work with the RT/ReTro valve, though I got it working, it required me to replace the o-ring inside the ReTro valve on/off cavity w/ the one that was in my classic valve. The o-ring inside the on/off valve cavity on the 68 valve is made of Teflon and generates less friction than the stock on in the RT/X-valve. Since you said you had a 68 valve laying around I would try that first, if it works. Then the problem isn't the frame.

I have installed a few E-LCD's for some friends on mags all I needed to do was change the o-ring. Try using the 10 cent o-ring before you spend the $35+ or whatever the cost is to buy a ULE.

-Hostage