PDA

View Full Version : so my bolt isnt retracting all the way...

FamousMortimer
02-25-2009, 02:02 AM
ive got this classic valve ive had for the better part of a decade, i kinda got out of the sport for some time but have recently gotten back into it. i got a mag on the recommendation of a friend but never really got all that into the tech aspects of the gun. fast forward ten years, i purchased an xvalve and with some leftover pieces assembled a second mag using the classic valve. today i took the entire thing apart, oiled it up and checked the o-rings then put it back together. now after firing it, the bolt sticks leaking out gas then it retracts. is there something i may have oiled that didnt need to be? did i perhaps put something back together wrong? is my spring dead? it only seems to do it when i would fire a lot in rapid succession. i also was using CO2. could this be causing the problem. i got frustrated and left it on my workbench. figured ill get to it tomorrow. while ive had the gun for a long time now, id still consider myself very much a newb. thanks.

Watcher
02-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Are you using the X-valve or the classic?

Did you mix up some lvl10 parts with lvl7 parts?

FamousMortimer
02-25-2009, 03:18 PM
nope. xvalve parts are on the xvalve and the classic parts are on the classic.

the xvalve works fine.

FamousMortimer
02-25-2009, 03:22 PM
i think when i get home i will try my HPA tank. i think that might have something to do with it.

stoffa15
02-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Do not run your X valve with CO2!!!!!!!! :eek:

Silverback
02-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Sounds like you are needing to check your o-rings and carrier inside the powertube. This of course after you make sure your not using CO2. CO2 will kill your X valve. If your still leaking down the barrel check your o-rings and carrier, and if your still getting bolt stick, replace the bolt spring.

FamousMortimer
02-26-2009, 12:52 PM
im not going to and never have used CO2 on the xvalve. the xvalve works fine. its my classic thats giving me the heartache. i will, however, try a different bolt spring.

WSCopic
02-26-2009, 01:36 PM
I would say bolt spring, as well. I had the same issue with a MicroMag I picked up a while back. The spring had been compressed after sitting for a long time. In this case, the owner had left it in a "bolt stick" position for a few years. The spring was toast and a new spring cleared it right up.

:)

WSCopic
02-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Just out of curiousity, why can the Xvalve NOT be run on CO2? Couldn't it be done, if set up properly?

I am assuming that the aluminum valve body doesn't like high, spikey pressure from CO2, is that correct?

MANN
02-26-2009, 01:51 PM
make sure your detent is not screwed in too far.