PDA

View Full Version : what kind of cable does the xmod programer use?

pk5
02-25-2009, 02:25 AM
Hi everyone

I have an offer for an xmod, but no cable - the one that goes from the computer to the programer. What kind of cable does it use? It seem like a usb on one end, but what about on the other end. Is it possible to purchase it separately? How much does it cost to purchase it separately?

I hope it is just a usb male b to male a, but i can't tell.

Thanks

Ruler_Mark
02-25-2009, 02:33 AM
it isnt,, if you are worried about licenseing, just pm lorne you can pay him a 1 time fee if it hasnt been paid on that gun and be A ok. He also has some cables left sitting if you want to buy 1.

pk5
02-25-2009, 02:50 AM
ok, pming lorne

Chris Nearchos
02-25-2009, 09:59 AM
cable from computer to programmer is a standard usb style printer cable. a USB-A to USB-B cable is the one needed.

here is a visual of what the cable looks like: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3243176

so i assume you have the other cable already? the cable that goes from the programmer to the E/X-mag board. that is the special one you need from Lorne

but if you want to pick up a USB-A t USB-B cable for cheap, I have a few new ones laying around. could sell you a new for $10.00 shipped. just pm me if interested.

-chris

pk5
02-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Cool, thanks chris

If it is A to B USB then i already have it.