PDA

View Full Version : Level 7 issue

jrod
02-26-2009, 03:06 PM
I have a classic valve with the level 7 bolt. It was working fine. After a month or so of inactivity, I aired it up, and had air leaking down the barrel. The leak stops when you hold the trigger.

Naturally, I thought this was a power tube o-ring issue. I changed o-rings, and still had the problem.

The only fix that works is thoroughly oiling the power tube to get a good seal. I repeated this a few weeks later. Again after airing up, I get the air leak. But after oiling, I am good to go.

Is there something else going on here? Can the bolt be wearing? What about the power tube spacer? I'm not really sure what that does. Do I need tighter o-rings?

sdawg
02-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Could be the power tube spacer. You need a bigger one.

dave p
02-26-2009, 03:38 PM
power tube spacer adjusts where, on the bolt shaft tip, the oring seals. it just seals at the tip f that shaft. due to things like wear, or differences in o-ring batches, the tolerances shift just a hair, and thats enough to throw off the seal. the heavy oil is either swelling the oring a little, or making up that microscopic difference. the next size spacer will put the oring closer to the bolt shaft, making a better seal.

jrod
04-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Just an update.
I finally got the power tube spacer kit. I popped in a smaller spacer and the marker shoots like a champ now.

Thanks for the help.

athomas
04-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Yep, a leak can be fixed with a shorter spacer. Bolt stick can be fixed with a longer spacer.