PDA

View Full Version : I want to use my WarpFeed... but it just won't spin when I tell it to.

Scorch
01-29-2002, 02:09 PM
Seriously, I love the AGD Warp. I also love my Sonic Cocker.

Even with fresh batteries my warp won't sense the Sonic shooting. Only if I (without air) pull back the hammer and pull the trigger (resulting in a very mild vibration of hammer hitting valve) will the Warp spring to life and spin 1/4 turn.

With air, the timing of the back block recocking the marker seems to lessen the strike. The result is either a 1/4" movement of the wheels or none at all.

I'm sure a micro-switch to activate the warp will work but I'd like to avoid that.

Is my sensor at fault? I had a problem with the sensing of my Angel at WPF Tunica last July. It cost us an important game when I dry fired 5 times while looking at the back of their last player. He turned out to be a better snap shooter than me :(

Any ideas? (other than practicing my snapshooting ;))
Scorch

Butterfingers
01-29-2002, 02:55 PM
The warp should be broken in to run the motor brushes in. After that turn the ROF pot in the circut board all the way up until it spins contiunously and then back it out a little.

Scorch
01-29-2002, 03:02 PM
This warp has probably had 8-10K balls through it.

That was after a break in of 15 minutes of cycling an almost full wheel and hose of paint through it.

At one point, I did not use an interlink while it was on my angel. It was fine for a time.

In short, I am pretty sure it is properly worn in. :)

Scorch

Daniel Morse
01-29-2002, 03:39 PM
Turn it all the way up.

Scorch
01-29-2002, 03:43 PM
The sensitivity is right at that point of start and stop. The slightest tap from a finger will cause the warp to spin a bit.

Scorch

Army
01-29-2002, 04:13 PM
I want to use my WarpFeed... but it just won't spin when I tell it to.

That's because you did not get the voice recognition model.
VR allows the Warp to spin only when you tell it to. This has, however, led to too many confused commands during a game with the front player turning in circles while running to a bunker......

Scorch
01-29-2002, 04:28 PM
Military life and AO Mod status can turn a man into?

Yup! A comic with a gun. :)

I keep eyeing that voice module at Radio Shack. Might be time for a little Shack 'n Solder(tm) ;)

Scorch

Butterfingers
01-29-2002, 11:19 PM
Umm...Hmm...

I guess you could try making the screws tighter so that the vibes can travel to the warp better.

Im outta ideas... other than intelifeeding

BlackVCG
01-30-2002, 02:08 AM
Scorch, does your Warp have a completely round vib sensor,or a round sensor that is cut on the side that faces the wall of the shell?

The original Warps with the cut sensor were never intended to have have vibration sensors. Now, I don't know this for a fact but I have one Warp with the round vib sensor and another with the cut sensor. The one with the round vib sensor seems to be more sensitive than my older warps with the cut sensor.

You might just make sure that the rivet holding in the sensor is holding it tight against the shell and that there isn't any paint or oil residue under the vib sensor.

Russ
01-30-2002, 06:11 AM
Scorch,

Another option would be to get ahold of a PTP warp mounting plate, which has the sensor mounted in it. They (PTP sensors, that is) tend to sense the vibration a little better than the AGD units, because it's mounted directly to the the trigger frame.

sniper1rfa
01-30-2002, 04:09 PM
wherer exactly is the sensor located? mine doesnt seem to have one...

Scorch
01-30-2002, 06:23 PM
Its located on the control half of the warp. Rivoted to the inside wall of the wheel area. If you take the wheel out and see the silver part with the rivot in the center... you found it.

BlackVCG... I can see there is some spuge or other goo between the sensor and the shell. :( How can I remove the sensor, clean, remount?

Scorch

Scorch
01-30-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
Scorch, does your Warp have a completely round vib sensor,or a round sensor that is cut on the side that faces the wall of the shell?

I understand what you are asking now :)

I have a sensor shaped like a big piece of pie with scalloped edges.

What should I do? Get a new shell? Get another sensor?

Thanks!

Scorch

than205
01-31-2002, 06:37 AM
take it apart carefully. dont lose the little springs behind the control board. when you get down to the shell half that has just the sensor riveted to it put it under some warm water. let it dry. you could use a hair dryer to speed the process. mine took about 30 hours to dry completely after I did my dye job. other wise good luck.

Scorch
01-31-2002, 08:05 AM
I took the sensor out (with BlackVCG's help) last night and cleaned it and the shells.

I'll be reassembling it tonight. :)

Thanks for everyone's responses!

Scorch

Drizit
01-31-2002, 11:14 AM
one other thing, if once you get it back together it's not spinning enough, you could try and turn up the dwell. just use the jumpers on the board to do it. sorry i don't have my manual here to tell you what the settings are but you can get it off the AGD web site.

also if you still have problems with the gun not having enough vibration to set off the warp the try and find a pro-team bracket, we put a ptp warp on a shocker and a matrix and they bouth have no problems setting it off.

good luck.