PDA

View Full Version : Could Anyone Help? House burned with all paintball equipment in it...

Ball Buster
01-29-2002, 02:26 PM
Hey Guys,

A week ago Sunday, my girlfriend's 12 year old little brother's house burned to the ground, along with all of his paintball equipment... I was talking to his mother and she told me how all of it has been burned.. nothing more than a pile of ashes now.. So, I started thinking of ways that I might could help him.. and then I thought of you guys...

Anyway, the house that burned was his dad's house.. His father is a wee bit greedy when it comes to the money and he was more worried with his own collection of "real" guns.. so the paintball guns will not be reported to the insurance company (if they were Micah would never see the money anyway.) Anyway, I know alot of us tend to get paintball gear and have more than we can use alot of the time and stuff begins to sit...

So, I'm going to make a plea to all you AO'ers out there... If you have something that isn't getting any use and are maybe looking for a "good home" for it.. PLEASE let me know.. I've got some stuff I can give him, but it's nothing that will help him get "playing" any sooner.. And I want to get him back up and "shooting" as soon as possible and I thought so of you guys might be able to help somehow... anything would be great and would be greatly appreciated..

If you would be interested in helping out, please shoot me an e-mail at TRAMSOOTRU@AOL.com...

Thanks alot guys..

Jeff

Load SM5
01-29-2002, 04:34 PM
If it helps, this guy is a bud of mine and a player at my local field. I can vouch for his honesty, although I can understand the concern. Jeff's cool.

Jeff, sorry about your bud. I'll see what I can do. I might be able to donate my revvy. I'll scrounge around.

brian terry
01-29-2002, 04:48 PM
iv got some 140 round tube"s i will give you ,and a scott mask .....let me know were to send it to,,,

gimp
01-29-2002, 07:31 PM
My friends house burned down about 5 years ago, he found his old vm68 in there this past year, and it still works!

HoppysMag
01-29-2002, 07:53 PM
some how that dosnt surprise me!LOL
Good ol VM's

X-Plosive
01-29-2002, 09:40 PM
Hmmm I'll see what I can do........he wouldn't be interested in a speedcollar with G.O.T and a JT pack with 2 speedpods, would he?

Hysperion I'm not sure but I think that was UDT's way of saying stop being such a prick. If Load trusts him I don't see why I can't.

cphilip
01-30-2002, 01:51 PM
Offer if you want. Believe if you want. Or don't believe and offer anyway. Or believe and don't offer. Or Don't believe and don't offer. But don't offer anymore than you can afford to lose. Or just ignore it all if you want. I don't know or care if it's true. I waited till I saw a member I felt I could trust back it up and then I offered stuff I can afford to lose on his word.

Hysperion
01-30-2002, 02:36 PM
You forgot "Or believe and offer." :)

gmag
01-30-2002, 02:42 PM
I'm with MagHog on this one. If you don't believe him, or don't care either way, then just don't send him anything. He stated the problem and asked for donations. If you don't like it then don't bother with the situation at all. Don't send him anything. Its that simple. He obviously knows that AO is not an insurance agency; he was simply making a request. There was no need to tell him to get a job. That was totally out of context, and quite ridiculous.

Hysperion
01-30-2002, 02:48 PM
Aren't we allowed to have any fun any more? :) And turn into a flame? We better stop so AO doesn't burn down too. :)

cphilip
01-30-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Hysperion
You forgot "Or believe and offer." :)

Oh yea! I got confused...Or believe that you already offered? :D

shartley
01-30-2002, 04:03 PM
Okay... thanks. :)

gmag
01-30-2002, 04:21 PM
Your welcome!:rolleyes: :p :) :D

media
01-31-2002, 10:55 AM
"Why can't weeeee be friends, Why can't weeeee be friends!"
Come on now, everyone sing along! :) :)

cphilip
01-31-2002, 02:16 PM
I said only post if offering to help! What part of that is so hard to understand? I am deleting all irrelevant posting other than that.

Since when did we all become so Cynical?

cphilip
02-01-2002, 08:56 AM
Moving up for the day and opening but read the above rules or this one is gone for good....